Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lindsay Lohan sues over a baby named 'Lindsay' in a commercial. Oh, for $100M also

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsay Lohan sues over a baby named 'Lindsay' in a commercial. Oh, for $100M also

Oh, this is simultaneously awesome and awful.

Lohan sues eTrade for $100m over ad with ‘milkaholic’ Lindsay

Finally, a role Lindsay Lohan can carry off — heroically overcompensated plaintiff.

The 23-year-old actress has launched a $100 million (U.S.) lawsuit against discount brokerage eTrade, according to the New York Post.

At issue is an eTrade TV ad that first aired during last month’s Super Bowl. In the spot, entitled ‘Girlfriend’, a pair of CGI’d babies have a webchat about a missed date the night before.

The boy says he was busy working on his portfolio. The suspicious girl wonders, “And that milkaholic Lindsay wasn’t over?”

“Lindsay?” the boy says.

Another girl baby enters the frame.

“Milk-a-what?” she asks.

Ba-doom-boom.

Of course, Lohan has had well-publicized issues with drug abuse. She’s rehabbed at least twice. Since falling in stages from her Hollywood perch beginning six years ago, Lohan is best known for her erratic lifestyle.

She made cringing headlines again this week by failing to turn up for a Paris show by fashion house Ungaro. Until her no-show, everyone still believed that Lohan was Ungaro’s “artistic adviser.” Apparently not.

A day later, she makes more headlines with this nine-figure suit.

“They're using her name as a parody of her life. Why didn't they use the name Susan? This is a subliminal message. Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan,” Stephanie Ovadia, Lohan’s lawyer, told the Post.

Ovadia suggested that Lohan has elevated ‘Lindsay’ to the same sort of one-off recognition status as ‘Madonna’ or ‘Cher’. If that’s so, she’s not helping the brand.

In 2004, when a thriving Lohan starred in her breakout film, Mean Girls, ‘Lindsay’ was the 240th most popular name for girls born in the U.S.

In 2008, after Lohan had suffered a steady series of slips, it was 380th.

The rehab effect on naming is still an under-researched area of study. Courtney is now the 269th most popular girl’s name. Britney is 689th.

For their part, the agency behind the ad told the Post that Lindsay was named after a member of their account team.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

She's still alive?
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Jesus, all three of my names are the legal property of drug addicted Hollywood failures then. I owe a lot of royalties.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Talking-baby commercial makers must be severely punished by any means possible. If this involves Lindsay Lohan getting more cocaine money in the process, so be it.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

On the one hand she has a point. On the other hand if she's so concerned about what people think, she should stop drinking.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I didn't even know the baby's name in that commercial was Lidsay
            Monkey!!!

Comment

It's not, it's Lindsay.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                On the one hand she has a point.
                No.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

For their part, the agency behind the ad told the Post that Lindsay was named after a member of their account team.
                  This is standard practice for most ads... Names come from people in the agency. If a full name is used, the employee signs a release and gets paid a dollar. This is done to avoid this exact situation. She's going to have a hard time winning this one if somebody in the agency really is named Lindsay.
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                    It's not, it's Lindsay.
                    Shows how much I pay attention... ooh, shiny thing!
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                      She's going to have a hard time winning this one if somebody in the agency really is named Lindsay.
                      She's going to have a hard time winning this one even if they don't. "Lindsay" is a pretty common name, and the notion she has some sort of copyright on it is absurd.

Hell, even if the ad were a deliberate reference to her, it's called "satire" and is part of free speech. Spoofing stupid celebrities is a time-honored tradition.
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                        Jesus, all three of my names are the legal property of drug addicted Hollywood failures then. I owe a lot of royalties.
                        Mackenzie Fleiss Sizemore?

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                          This is standard practice for most ads... Names come from people in the agency. If a full name is used, the employee signs a release and gets paid a dollar.
                          Trouble makers who demand two dollars get a pink slip instead.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            No.
                            What would you know about being respectfull?
                            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Everything there is to know.

This has nothing to do with respect.

Comment

Working...
                              X