Any good places to donate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good places to donate?

lot of them are scams. I don't have extra money now, but I'd like to raise some money to contribute, so what organizations do you think are worthy? I'm not into "equal rights" movements that much because people usually fight for themselves, and as for animal rights, people come first for me. I don't want to get into an argument as to why I just said what I said, it can be interpreted in many ways, interpret it as the light version.

Any promising projects going on, curing some serious disease?
    Any life saving things going on?
    Organizations that do not spend their money on their own administration and bureaucracy?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

doctors without borders
    childrens fund formerly Christian Childrens Fund I think

Comment

It is now 3 years I donate on a monthly basis to Doctors without Borders/Médecins sans Frontière
      The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Doctors without Borders are probably pretty good

ADRA is one I do

I have heard of others

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
          Doctors without Borders are probably pretty good
          Another vote for Doctors Without Borders.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

You could always donate to an organization that a fellow polytubbie leads. That'll give your donation a personal touch and relevance. Doctors Without Borders is a good group, but do you know their director? Are you able to argue with him and troll him on the Internet? No.

So the obvious place to go is NYRA: http://www.youthrights.org/donate.php

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Three orphanages for Haitian children, one of them for the disabled. My mom was flying back from visiting them, literally in the air, when the earthquake hit. St. Joseph's, the main one, has collapsed, though all the orphans escaped before it fell. Note that they are religiously-oriented, if you have a problem with that.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Wow, we all love Doctor w/o Borders. I been giving them annual donations for a few years now. By all accounts they're solid.

The other charities I give to are domestic US charities.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Blah

Comment

Just check the organizations 990 and make check to see how much of their funds are going to the actual cause rather than the running of the organization. Also, look to see where the money is coming from.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                      You could always donate to an organization that a fellow polytubbie leads. That'll give your donation a personal touch and relevance. Doctors Without Borders is a good group, but do you know their director? Are you able to argue with him and troll him on the Internet? No.

So the obvious place to go is NYRA: http://www.youthrights.org/donate.php

What part of Pekka's statement, "Not interested in contributing to equal rights organizations" did you not understand?
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Habitat for Humanity
                        Natural Resources Defense Council
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I thought this thread was 'any good places to detonate'

I wonder that most nights as i fall asleep

If I was a muslim I would probably have to seek help for that
                          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Donate your organs to a local hospital.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

You might focus first on local charities. What is available locally in your town?
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X