Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're #1! We're #1! We're #1! Russia is not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the best players in the world playing in the best league in the world with the most fans in the world playing for the most legendary of all sporting trophies in the world.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Communism failed Serb.

Please keep up.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Even if it is the best, it's still one league among many.

Comment

It doesn't matter. The many leagues are pointless and worthless.

The IIHF World Championship is just an individual audition for players to show the hockey GMs what they can do so they can make the Olympic team. The competition itself is absolutely ****ing pointless.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
            It is the league of stinking money bags who do give a damn about anything but their revenues.
            Talent follows money.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Serb View Post
              Even if it is the best, it's still one league among many.
              Yeah, but the point that it is the best - by far - is what makes the World Championships next to useless. NO ONE is sending the best possible team - not Canada, not the US, not Russia, not Sweden, not Findland, etc. - so as a measuring stick of any kind, it's pointless.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

How many players from the Canadian and US Olympic team are not in the NHL?
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Zero.

And realistically, Russia could've done better if they had an all-NHL team also. For political reasons, they were pressured in doing half-KHL/half-NHL. It's no surprise that the team was hopelessly outmatched, in retrospect.

Comment

That's what I thought.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      Zero.

And realistically, Russia could've done better if they had an all-NHL team also. For political reasons, they were pressured in doing half-KHL/half-NHL. It's no surprise that the team was hopelessly outmatched, in retrospect.
                      More like 2/3 NHL and 1/3 KHL. And if anyone tell me that Morozov, Radulov or Fedorov (and the rest KHL players of our Olympic team) are out of class for NHL I'll just laugh.

Comment

Morozov is definitely not NHL calibre. He had some really brutal plays.

Federov used to be, but is not anymore.

Radulov is NHL calibre.

Comment

Morozov is definitely not NHL calibre. He had some really brutal plays.
                          yeah, right
                          Federov used to be, but is not anymore.
                          Sure he is not that young as he once used to be. That's why he was chosen in the team - because of his experience and leadership. He is the only guy of that age in the squad. And he is NHL calibre. He could finish his carrier there, but he wanted to do that in the same club where his younger brother plays. So he returned back home to Russia.

Btw, about the rest of KHLers. What about my home city team star Jaromir Jagr? He is not of NHL calibre too? Or our team's defenceman Lasse Kukkonen who won the bronze medal with team Finland?
                          Both are out of class, right? And this is just my team (one of the many in KHL). And these two are not the only one KHLers who played for their national teams at the last Olympics.

Comment

Correct. Not NHL calibre.

Comment

What about my home city team star Jaromir Jagr? He is not of NHL calibre too?

Of course he isn't, you ******. Jesus...
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Correct. Not NHL calibre.
                                Incorrect. NHL calibre.

Comment

Working...
                                X