X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libya joins Canadian war on Switzerland

...in the war against Switzerland

Libya's Gaddafi urges 'holy war' against Switzerland

Libya's Muammar Gaddafi has called for a jihad, or holy war, against Switzerland, as an ongoing diplomatic row between the two nations heats up.

He criticised a recent Swiss vote against the building of minarets and said Muslims must boycott the country.

There have been tensions between the nations since 2008, when one of Mr Gaddafi's sons was arrested in Geneva, accused of assaulting two servants.

A Swiss foreign ministry spokesman declined to comment on the jihad call.

The Libyan leader made his comments while speaking at a meeting to mark the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad.

"Let us wage jihad against Switzerland, Zionism and foreign aggression," he said.

"Any Muslim in any part of the world who works with Switzerland is an apostate, is against Muhammad, God and the Koran."

In a referendum last November, 57.5% of Swiss voters approved a constitutional ban on the building of minarets. An appeal against the ban has been submitted to the European Court of Human Rights.

Charges dropped

Earlier this month, Libya stopped issuing visas to citizens from many European nations, prompting condemnation from the European Commission.
    Hannibal Gaddafi (2005)
    Hannibal Gaddafi's arrest in 2008 sparked the diplomatic spat

Libya's move came after Switzerland allegedly blacklisted 188 high-ranking Libyans, denying them entry permits. The Swiss ban is said to include Mr Gaddafi and his family.

The row began after the arrest of Mr Gaddafi's son Hannibal and his wife, Aline Skaf, in Geneva in July 2008.

They were accused of assaulting two servants while staying at a luxury hotel in the Swiss city, though the charges were later dropped.

Libya retaliated by cancelling oil supplies, withdrawing billions of dollars from Swiss banks, refusing visas to Swiss citizens and recalling some of its diplomats.

In the same month that the Gaddafis were arrested, Libyan authorities detained two Swiss businessmen, in what analysts believe was a retaliatory move.

One was finally allowed to leave the country earlier this week but the second was transferred to jail, where he faces a four-month term on immigration offences.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Blah

We don't need their help. We are strong...proud...the Canadian Forces.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Libya declares war on Switzerland

Gaddafi calls for jihad against Switzerland

Libyan leader labels Switzerland an infidel state, escalating vendetta against country whose police once arrested his son

Greatest copycat thread evah!

All these people declaring war on the Swiss, I thought they were supposed to be neutral?

Discuss.
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

****. Well mine's better.

Comment

I guess the forum is slow enough for two threads on the same topic.

Go for it.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Libya joins Canadian war on Switzerland

...or so I've heard.
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Comment

Canada and Libya sign Vancouver Pact to contain Swiss aggression!
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

No it isn't
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Mine is clearly the best, since it is the only thread on this made by an American.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Can I just say once again I am ahead of the curve?

This has been my whole morning. I just sat in a massive meeting where the execs all just suddenly realized things I told them explicitly a year ago. Now it may be too late to catch up to other companies in that area.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post

Greatest copycat thread evah!

Thx
                        Blah

Comment

They are already shooting holes into Swiss cheese!
                          Blah

Comment

This is the first I've heard of it...

Note: Combining threads makes my post even less funny than it already was
                            Last edited by Japher; February 26, 2010, 13:58.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Wow guys, three threads? You are that bad at making jokes you need to repeat the jokes of others?
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X