No announcement yet.

Faking religious affiliation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Q=Ben Kenobi;5755472]Just the opposite here. I've had people stop talking to me because I was a Christian.[/Q]
    In the hospital I talked to the grandfather of one the other babies in the NICU. We talked about miracles. I said my daughter's name was Elyana, from the Hebrew meaning "God answers [prayer]" and that we were praying for her healing. He was momentarily speechless and then muttered something like "I didn't mean it like that." I guess he didn't want any God in his miracles, just "oh isn't that wonderful" miracles.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow View Post
      [Q=Ben Kenobi;5755472]Just the opposite here. I've had people stop talking to me because I was a Christian.[/Q]
      In the hospital I talked to the grandfather of one the other babies in the NICU. We talked about miracles. I said my daughter's name was Elyana, from the Hebrew meaning "God answers [prayer]" and that we were praying for her healing. He was momentarily speechless and then muttered something like "I didn't mean it like that." I guess he didn't want any God in his miracles, just "oh isn't that wonderful" miracles.
      I think there's more hope for those who won't talk to you because you're Christian than those who believe in "miracles" but not God. I have a hard time understanding the former at all.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Don't you mean the latter?

Comment

Working...
        X