Faking religious affiliation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is alot easier when you enter the deal knowing it is full of crap. Say the right talking-points, quote a verse or two, cut your hair properly and magically everyone loves you; it's a con-man's paradise.

You might not be able to imagine putting a false face up, but organized religion is begging for it and that is evidenced.

Cut your hair properly and quote verses? I think that you're thinking of Hare Krishna. That's not the norm.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Fake it til you make it

when did Kid move to OK?
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        I live in Oklahoma. Here you are expected to be Christian (or at least to have some religious affiliation). Athiests are considered evil. Before I became a christian I remember how people used to look at me when I told them that I didn't have a religious affiliation. I sometimes felt as if there were horns atop my head.
        We had exchange students from Oklahoma here a few years ago. About a third of them seemed to thin the earth was 8000 years old, another third wasn't sure, and the final third was divided between mainstream Christians and people whose eyes pleaded for religious asylum.
        What can you expect from a state where prisoners' rodeo is considered a fun leisure activity...
        Damn, I could have laid several of the girls, especially the 8000 years type, but that religious stupidity turned me off. My unconsciousness probably didn't want to waste my precious genes.

Back on topic. Yes, I did fake my affiliation. Living in a Catholic country, not quitting the Church officially and putting "Roman Catholic" on a questionnaire is always a good idea.
        "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
        "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Eh, I haven't met a whole lot of atheists on the eastern shore. Probably there's some social pressure involved, but I doubt more than 5% are unbelievers anyway. Those who are, probably GTFO like Boris did.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            Cut your hair properly and quote verses? I think that you're thinking of Hare Krishna. That's not the norm.
            Like you've never heard of "church hair".
            Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

Well it is hard to keep it tidy after you've been raped by a priest.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

I'm a babe in the woods, I guess. "Church hair" is a new one for me.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                  Fake it til you make it

when did Kid move to OK?

going on 5 years now bud.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Strangely, google doesn't have proper pics under "church hair". Think Beck, Hannity or Romney... sort of plastic Elvis hair, but smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      Just the opposite here. I've had people stop talking to me because I was a Christian. What's the point of doing your deeds before men, and going through everything that we do, only in the end to have it all blow away?

It's hard enough doing it when you believe in it. I can't imagine trying to put out a false face up.
                      Shut the **** up liar.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Ecofarm View Post
                        Strangely, google doesn't have proper pics under "church hair". Think Beck, Hannity or Romney... sort of plastic Elvis hair, but smaller.
                        You're just to stupid.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Johnny Unitas
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I'm a Jewish Muslim who practices Hinduism.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Never had a problem with it in the South. Nobody asks.
                              Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                                You're just to stupid.
                                C'mon... too

Comment

Working...
                                X