Man angry at IRS crashes plane into Austin building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    If he files on behalf of his wife (not uncommon in North America at least), he's liable for any errors.
    Yeah, have figured that out - just wonder why/how this still can be maintained. Had the same here as a kind of tax decrease for married couples with a unemployed wife, but it was abandoned when
    wifes started to work.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I saw in the papers that Obama was at VA hospital reading the "Matrix" to blind soldiers and when he was informed, he quickly was replaced by a voice double (so not to panic the soldiers) and was immediately whisked away to a secret command bunker where he sat with his finger poised over a button that would destroy whatever country the bomber was from. When informed that the bomber was from the US, the president seemed disappointed at the missed opportunity to kill some conservatives.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
        Ok, just seemed strange to me since we abandoned that some 30-40 years ago.. Why do you still maintain that ?
        Why wouldn't we?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          he burned down the house first.
          I'm guessing that he didn't want the IRS to get it.

This guy was weird. If he was a left winger why did he target the IRS and not Wall Street or something?

Obviously money was very important to him.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

The guy was a loon, and he doesn't fit neatly into either the Right or Left. Most people don't. Crazy people are probably even less consistent.

Sad. I can't even imagine what his wife & kid are going through.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              Ok, just seemed strange to me since we abandoned that some 30-40 years ago.. Why do you still maintain that ?
              It's an available option, just like the husband and wife filing separately is. I prefer more options to fewer.
              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

So this guys a terrorist right? (violence for a ideological goal) Or is this guy just some nut because he attacked someone no-one likes?

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says the guy isnt a terrorist. How is the media spinning this story? Are they shying away from the T word too?
                Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Doesn't a terrorist have some sort of political goal that he aims to acheive by terrorizing a group of people?

This guy was angry and wanted to break some **** & die. I don't think it qualifies as terrorism, but I'm sure some disagree.

-Arrian
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

At this time of year, I'm sure that many taxpayers can sympathize with the guy.
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

His suicide note made some good points. His decision on how best to accomplish anything was a little faulty.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                      X