Is this how banks work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this how banks work?

There was a rumor that the banks tried to ban this video....

This explains a lot. Let me know your thoughts!

I came across this video and I had to share
    it with you immediately. This video is proof
    that the banks are not victims in this whole
    real estate debacle...

After you watch this video you will be motivated
    to make sure that you start making some dough in
    this market BECAUSE why should the banks and
    bank exec's be the only one's to benefit.

We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

How would they ban it exactly?
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

The vid didn't load for me. Even more, accessing the link crashed my browser! If that isn't proof for a conspiracy I dunno....
      Blah

Comment

1) The point of the FDIC deals was to unload the failed bank assets as quickly as possible -- i.e., to make them deals bordering on sweetheart.

2) The math that they go through may be correct, but the last bit should have lead the story. The FDIC will share in the losses only after $2 billion in losses on the loan portfolio have already been taken.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

dp
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Where was the first one?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
              Where was the first one?
              Here
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                2) The math that they go through may be correct, but the last bit should have lead the story. The FDIC will share in the losses only after $2 billion in losses on the loan portfolio have already been taken.
                Their narrative confused me. I would have thought as you did, but I took them to be saying that if they had $1.999 billion in losses, you'd get diddlysquat in help and take the hit, but once you reach $2 billion in losses you would get the superprofits on all deals done - hence the massive profit motive involved.

If you have to deliberately generate up to $2 billion of these losses before you can generate any superprofits (and you'd need $2 billion of those to just break even) there is little point. If the numbers involved are large enough to reach that point (or losses expected are close to $2 billion anyway), then I'd say it becomes more relevant, but not much, cos the motive would then predominantly be about the superprofit, not the deliberate generation of losses.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

no.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                  X