Science valentine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science valentine

You don't use science to show that you're right, you use it to become right.

http://xkcd.com/
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Send this to Michael Mann and you are dead
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Xkcd is great. I fabulous and unique mix of math, science, romance and heartbreak. They made me want a kindle after revealing it was nowt but the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy....
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

What I want to know is an explanation of the heart line -- it starts well before they first met.

I guess that breakup wasn't too bad. Better than getting married, apparently.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

His ex.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
            What I want to know is an explanation of the heart line -- it starts well before they first met.

I thinks that's his heartbeat rate. His heart skipped when he saw her.
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

While I generally like xkcd, I found yesterday's a little too depressing.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

For this to be the only Valentines related thread on this site today, makes me realize how gay this site is. If homosexuals celebrate valentines day then I'm sorry don't get upset, does anyone have a clue how horny my scheduler is? I'm thinking of dumping water on her tomorrow and seeing if it gets her pregnant. Seriously she is super horny, I have gotten six texts from her that all reference George Clooney's penis. Doesn't she realize he's gay and does not celebrate Valentine's day?

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post

Wait, is this supposed to be based on a real relationship of his?

Comment

you would know about the ****** stuff, eh?
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                    X