No announcement yet.

Height-IQ-Gender interplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

If taller people indeed are more intelligent, it could be simply via larger volume
        of their heads (taller people probably have larger skulls and thus larger brains).

I'd contend, though, that the difference can be alternatively explained by purely
        environmental factors. Taller kids grow up to be more confident and this can
        allow them to reach more of their genetic potential.

Comment

you are a bitch, Vet.
          Order of the Fly
          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
            an extrinsic correlation between height and intelligence produced by Mechanisms 1 and 2....Consistent with our suggestion, we show that men may have higher IQs than women because they are taller
            Maybe I am riding the short bus, but if the basic mechanism is an extrinsic correlation, why then introduce causation? Surely the statement that men are taller because they are more intelligent would be equally valid based on the stated premise. (I assume it comes out of #4, but it's unclear due to lack of comment on the number of sons intelligent parents have)
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
            X