edumucate me on hd tvs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• edumucate me on hd tvs

I'm going to buy a 37 to 42 incher in the next week. What should I be looking for and how much should it cost?
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Look for good contrast ratio (don't know what's good now, mind you...changes so fast). Higher the better.
    Look for 120Hz or higher refresh rate.
    If possible, go for LED-backlit TVs. Note they are usually quite a bit more. But they look better and use less power.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

The Sharp I just bought looks pretty good but honestly I should have gotten a 120hrz or 240 hrz set. I'll probably end up buying a second one. Samsung and Panasonic seem to be the cutting edge brands right now according to most of the reviews.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

240Hz is pointless.

120Hz is good not because it's a high number, but because it is evenly divisible by 24, 30, and 60. This means there's no frame doubling like 60Hz TVs have. It also means if you end up getting a 3D source, you can see 60Hz 3D.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Those samsung slim LEDs are the bees knees.
          The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

I just got my sharp HDTV today but I will likely be buying a Samsung in the near future. I'll turn the 42" sharp 1080p into my bedroom tv. Hell, at $499 it's not like it cost all that much so I think I can afford a nice $1500 Samsung.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Since KH is now loaded he might be able to pursuade Samsung to sell him their prototype 40" OLED FullHD TV.
              You can't beat 1000000:1 contrast ratio.
              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Asher FTW.
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                X