Watching Nudie Pictures while at Work is A-Okay, Aussies say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Nudie Pictures while at Work is A-Okay, Aussies say

For those not familiar with the "incident" ( watch the Guy on the Left).

Summary:
    (Neal Walker, Sky News Online )

An Australian banker is facing an uncertain future after he was caught looking at racy photographs at his desk - during a live television broadcast.
    The Macquarie Private Wealth employee, named by the Sydney Morning Herald as David Kiely, was looking at GQ images of Australian model Miranda Kerr.
    He was unaware a colleague was doing a live television interview about the Australian economy nearby.
    Australia's Seven Network broadcast the item with the photos clearly showing on a computer screen in the background.

Kiely became the latest internet sensation after being caught live on TV oggling semi-nude pics of Australian supermodel Miranda Kerr, and is currently at home, waiting for his bank to decide what to do with him.
    Last night we launched our 'Save Dave' campaign, which has been picked up by the media in Australia, Japan, the UK, Germany, Italy, Canada, China and the US.

We asked readers to e-mail Macquarie's media relations folks in a quest to save his job, and sources say that the bank has received thousands of e-mails in his support.

In the meantime, The Australian reports that Macquarie has been forensically examining its e-mail system in an attempt to establish who sent the e-mail attachments to Kiely, and whether he was set-up. Some feel that it might have been a practical joke that went wrong.

Kiely is said to have been marched off the trading floor after the incident hit the headlines, and remains at home. He is expected to be interviewed in the next day or so, and his future will be decided in the next few days. Insiders say that top bosses are still undecided about what to do with him as, although Macquarie has been in the news for all the wrong reasons, there is a groundswell of support for the banker.

JOIN OUR CAMPAIGN TO 'SAVE DAVE' because:

1. He seems like a nice bloke

2. The pics weren't hardcore

3. He has suffered enough

4. There's just too much political correctness in this world anyway

End:

The campaign to make sure Dave retained his job was ultimately successful, as Macquarie has now confirmed Dave won't be fired over the incident.

And the good news about this 'scandal' is that everyone appears to have come out winners. Let's look at the final tally sheet:

David Kiely got to keep his job

Macquarie Bank got loads of free publicity, and came out as 'good guys' in the end

Hits to model Miranda Kerr's website apparently increased over 100-fold last week

GQ magazine's pictures were seen all around the world

Here Is The City's readership hit new highs

And the banking community showed that its members are human after all by rallying around to help save one of its own.

Phew saved by the Internet
    Im glad its a Mans World =)

Now I wonder whats okay at the Office?
    Softcore Pics yes, Hardcore Movies not?
    Would the outcome be any different if he had been watching gay pr0n?
    What about Three-Leged Midget Grannies having Beastiality Sex using Bananas?

Where does it end? Where is the Border and why do they keep pushing it?!?!?!
    Last edited by Main_Brain; February 7, 2010, 22:35. Reason: Bureau mixed up with office
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Originally posted by Main_Brain View Post
    Im glad its a Mans World =)
    OH, how I wish it still was, ye of yesteryear...

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
    Male Inequality
    www.thedailyshow.com
    Daily Show
    Full Episodes
    Political HumorHealth Care Crisis
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Dave was set up. Someone from his work sent him those emails knowing they would appear on camera. At the bottom of the third picture was "Look behind you" which is why Dave turned around.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Save Dave, baby. Save Dave.

Comment

Video is worthless without closeups.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I still think it was an awesome prank, which got totally out of control.

@ Theben Did not know those vids streamed to Europe
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post

She's really pretty. A little to young for me but I think I'd still hit it.

Comment

She'd hit you
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Pic.

She can hit me with a riding crop any time she wants to.
                      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                        She can hit me with a riding crop any time she wants to.
                        I still totally don't get that.

Pics though... pics I get:

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          She's really pretty. A little to young for me but I think I'd still hit it.
                          I was thinking the same. There are some more recent pics of her where she looks more womanlike and less girllike.

Definately hot, but kinda too 90210 for my taste. Put another decade (or 2) on her and she will be ripe.
                          Everybody knows...Democracy...One of Us Cannot be Wrong...War...Fanatics

Comment

I hope my GF doesn't read Poly, but I'd hit Kerr like a ton of bricks.
                            Graffiti in a public toilet
                            Do not require skill or wit
                            Among the **** we all are poets
                            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

That woman appears to have inadequate bosomage, judging from that one pic.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X