Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it, it's time to ban religion

THEY HAVE GONE TOO FAR.

Religious Protestors Taking Aim at ... Hockey?

On Sunday, the Phoenix Coyotes and Dallas Stars are squaring off in Dallas, and they'll be joined by a special group of protesters who plan on staging a rally outside of the American Airlines Center. But these aren't your ordinary protesters. They're not about any of the normal things an upset hockey fan may be rallying for or against -- Gary Bettman's resignation or the fear of the Coyotes moving to a colder climate, for instance.

No, these folks are condemning sports -- not just hockey -- since the Bible, they say, prohibits it.

So, who is crazy enough ... err ... has enough time on their hands to spend their Sunday night protesting outside an NHL arena? Why, it's the folks at Westboro Baptist Church! You may remember them from protests such as: anti-gay protests, picketing soldiers' funerals, protesting outside Jewish institutions such as the U.S. Holocaust Museum, and stomping on the American flag. I wish I were joking.

Nonetheless, they have decided that sports -- yes, sports -- are terrible things that need to go away or else we all burn in hell. Hey, I guess everyone's entitled to their opinions. And by 'opinions' I mean 'the urge to make everyone else as miserable as they are.'

The reasoning for Sunday's protest off of the WBC's website is about as weird as you would imagine, and it sounds more like the ramblings of a 14-year-old girl who just got dumped by her hockey player boyfriend and is taking out her anger on anyone in the Dallas area who likes hockey.

Let's break it down, shall we?
    God H8s Ur hockey!

OMGZ! LOL!1!!

No, seriously. That's how it starts out. I am not making that up.
    Valor Pl. & Olive St. WBC will picket your stupid, cold (you will truly pray for these days of being in the cold hockey games when you burn in hell for eternity) violent, time-wasting hockey game - your SPORT.

Oh no! They're picketing! That's so... badass? Intimidating? Frightening? Nah, I think lame is the word I'm looking for here.
    You know there will be only a few more of these entertainment events before God lets Obama simply destroy this nation. God does not have anything good to say about your sport(s).

Yeah, far be it from me to question who God does and doesn't talk to, but I don't feel like talking to the WBC about His opinions on sports is very high on His list of priorities.
    Enough is enough!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Ask yourself, would Jesus play hockey?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

He was a carpenter, right? Probably.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        He was a carpenter, right? Probably.
        Why do you hate carpenters?

Comment

I'm not going to let you Tuberski the forum. **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
            I'm not going to let you Tuberski the forum. **** off.
            This isn't hockey. Chill.

Comment

Entertainment is against God's will, I think they think.
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Russians play hockey, and they are communists. God hates communists, therefore God hates hockey.

Plus hockey give fags highsticks from watching men slam into each other violently. And we know God hates fags. It's all quite simple.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                  Entertainment is against God's will, I think they think.
                  Yeah, like God doesn't like it when people watch Christians get eaten by lions either.

Comment

Working...
                  X