Abraham 2, The Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abraham 2, The Sequel

OK, perhaps the first thread was a bit inflammatory…

Anyway, the central question regarding the three ‘Abrahamic’ religions is, why can’t they all get along?

Basically they believe in the same God, are all related to each other (the father and two sons), the supporting beliefs and customs are broadly identical with significant overlap - such as each having commandments not to kill and essentially be peaceful. So why is it that they are so often intent on destroying each other?

As far as I can tell the three religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are using the tale of Abraham’s dysfunctional family, and the fallout thereof, as an excuse to continue behaving badly to each other to this very day and indeed are destined to continue to do so whilst the three religions exist…

My question is, can we unlock these competing sets of religious beliefs and modify them so that these three religions are no longer condemned to acting out this mutually destructive and self-fulfilling prophecy over and over again as each religion seeks to justify actions through its position in the Abrahamic triumvirate of Abraham (Judaism), Isaac (Christianity) and Ishmael (Islam) like a bickering family? They are a ‘family’, after all…

Surely we cannot continue with the way things are?

Discuss.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Why would they? The sub-branches of the three religions can't even get on.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      My question is, can we unlock these competing sets of religious beliefs and modify them so that these three religions are no longer condemned to acting out this mutually destructive and self-fulfilling prophecy over and over again as each religion seeks to justify actions through its position in the Abrahamic triumvirate of Abraham (Judaism), Isaac (Christianity) and Ishmael (Islam) like a bickering family?
      Dunno, sry.
      Blah

Comment

LINCOLN WAS THE BESTEST PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

My question is, can we unlock these competing sets of religious beliefs and modify them so that these three religions are no longer condemned to acting out this mutually destructive and self-fulfilling prophecy over and over again as each religion seeks to justify actions through its position in the Abrahamic triumvirate of Abraham (Judaism), Isaac (Christianity) and Ishmael (Islam) like a bickering family? They are a ‘family’, after all…
          The Jews and Arabs just need to convert to True Christianity and then the fighting will stop (until the Last Battle when the fighting will start again but at least those who converted will be on the winning side).
          RoboCon v2.1.1

Comment

OK, perhaps the first thread was a bit inflammatory…

Anyway, the central question regarding the three ‘Abrahamic’ religions is, why can’t they all get along?

Basically they believe in the same God, are all related to each other (the father and two sons), the supporting beliefs and customs are broadly identical with significant overlap - such as each having commandments not to kill and essentially be peaceful. So why is it that they are so often intent on destroying each other?

As far as I can tell the three religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) are using the tale of Abraham’s dysfunctional family, and the fallout thereof, as an excuse to continue behaving badly to each other to this very day and indeed are destined to continue to do so whilst the three religions exist…

Surely we cannot continue with the way things are?

Discuss.
            I don't believe that any of the three teach to make war with the others. They've all been hijacked at different times by secular forces that have violence in their interest.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

4000 years ago a man hears voices in his head tgelling him to kill his son before cutting bits off his penis and founding a big, barking mad and misogynistic cult, and you're looking for rational tolerance in it?
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                I don't believe that any of the three teach to make war with the others. They've all been hijacked at different times by secular forces that have violence in their interest.
                I agree. Secular forces such as Mohammed's bloodlust, greed for land, greed for gold, greed for power, his plain old normal lust, and his peadophilic lust were all key contributors to the hijacking of Islam. It's the major world religion which has a record for "shortest time between founding and hijacking", and also the only one which gets a special mention for being hijacked by its own founder.

It seems it was one of these young, restless religions, and was very impatient to get through, as quickly as possible, the long process of foundation, takeover by missionary elements, institutionalisation, and finally takeover by violent secular forces. So the founder decided to cut out the middlemen and middle-centuries, and compressed it all into one magnificently capricious lifetime. It's a feat unrivalled in the annals of religious history.

Comment

Working...
                X