No announcement yet.

Apple's iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bet you got an microsoft xbox or RIM job and that is why you are spewing this crap. yellow pages must not have worked out. Get tested for rabies (I just scored a point in this debate, for those who are counting ).

Comment

• People don't agree with my argument, so blowjobs must have been involved!
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• So far the reactions to the iPad are:

1° I don't understand anything about computers/I'm an Apple fanboy, but OMG the iPad looks cool!
        2° I am an enthusiast, I don't need an iPad, I hereby declare that it must suck for the entire universe!
        In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out Apple's strategy. It sounds like they want to be making money from the overpriced device itself AND the content (apps), as if they were looking to replicate the iPod/iTunes success. But the iPod is not so overpriced compared to the competition; and it does allow you to play content that never went through Apple's hands. Shouldn't they have learned? Either the device is priced (relatively) fairly and you make money from selling it at high volumes + drawing some people to your distribution scheme through the cool factor, or it is overpriced but will allow you to do whatever you want to once you've paid your fee. (Mac + Mac OS).

Also I'm not sure what the beef with Google is all about. Platform-independent apps and cloud computing is a good thing for a company that can only appeal to a smaller but dedicated audience. As long as their devices are cool and function well it's gonna work. Now Apple is not competitive in the search business, and neither is it in cloud computing, so why would they want to stop them? Like they'll spend the rest of their existence making closed devices, using their control over them to blackmail number 1, in turn blackmailing number 2 when it has become number 1?

I'm intrigued to see what turns out of this, but could it be the second coming of the GUI, i.e. Apple making something cool and letting someone else build the platform with the killer apps?

Comment

• Also I'm wondering if the aggressor is Android and Chrome, or both are a reaction to Apple's typical attitude?

Comment

• How the hell could they be considered aggressors? They are competitors.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Don't take the word at face value, I'm just wondering why is it that Google decided that Firefox + OS fragmentation + HTML5, Java, Flash, etc, weren't enough, that they needed a browser and OS of their own?

The question is 'aggressor' vs. 'insurance policy'.

Comment

• Google had specific ideas they wanted to implement and viewed the current solutions to be moving too slowly.

They still fund Firefox development, BTW.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Apple just added the Opera browser to the app store. Walled garden my ass.

Comment

• Opera is very fortunate they sent it for approval at the time when Apple was fighting massive developer PR fires.

Google is still having its Voice app rejected.

Comment

• Hey Asher, I take it your job involves mobile apps. Any chance you can create a onenote app for droid?
                        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• That would be awesome. Onenote is the best thing in Office.

JM
                          (Powerpoint is the other good thing in Office)
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Not any time soon.

Comment

• No, Asher knows nothing except what is in the phone book. What irritates me is that he acts like anyone wants Google Voice. Only business users want it, and no business user has an iPhone.

Comment

• I want Google Voice.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X