Help Kiddy Choose a Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Straybow View Post
    [Q=Imran Siddiqui;5747796]Plenty of big time preachers, such as T.D. Jakes and Joel Osteen, still like to use it, though.[/Q] Jakes, Copeland, and others are still around but are no big deal now. Osteen? That's more the "Jesus likes you and wants you to be his buddy and maybe he'll give you some of his stuff if you hang around him" than the real prosperity doctrine types.
    Don't forget Pat Robertson's organization.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bulltour2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	9087302

This pic was taken late in 2008 during the economic crisis. The woman by the bull is a prominent charismatic / Christian profitess frequently figured on Robertson's show. The people are a prayer group, and yes, they are there on Wall Street, being filmed for Robertson's show as they pray to God for more mammon.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• People like that give the rest of us a bad name.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
        [ATTACH]164913[/ATTACH]

This pic was taken late in 2008 during the economic crisis. The woman by the bull is a prominent charismatic / Christian profitess frequently figured on Robertson's show. The people are a prayer group, and yes, they are there on Wall Street, being filmed for Robertson's show as they pray to God for more mammon.
        Isn't Mammon the Golden Bull?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
          Protestants are weird. I stopped in at a neighborhood church today. It is a block away from my house but I've never been after living here for 8 years.

I swear, more people came up to me after the service to try and talk and encourage me to stick around than have come up to me in 8 years at my regular Catholic church.

Sure, that might cut both ways. Catholics are cold & unwelcoming, protestants (Presbyterians) are kind of desperate. Either way I was just trying to make it to the exit and a dozen people swarmed me. Fresh meat! haha.

Just funny, the contrast. Different strokes...
          It's probably more the fact of the size of the church. Smaller churches are more friendly.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
            [ATTACH]164913[/ATTACH]

That is an incredibly embarassing picture for anyone who professes to be a practicing Christian (or, for that matter, a practicing Jew or Muslim). Moses is not pleased.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well that's sort of Pat Robertson's specialty, and yet he stays in business.

Comment

• Is that a golden idol? Close enough.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• good troll Kid
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                    Is that a golden idol? Close enough.
                    It's the statue of the golden bull on Wall Street.

Comment

Working...
                    X