Help Kiddy Choose a Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Straybow View Post
    If you want to learn Christian philosophy, it doesn't matter much where you go. It doesn't save, heal, or deliver.
    I disagree. Jesus said, Watch Out! Beware of all kinds of greed.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

No, Jesus said to watch out for false prophets. Peter said they were clouds without water (bringing no life). Paul said they hold to an outward form of godliness but deny the power of true godliness (salvation, healing, deliverance).
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        The Methodist Church is against prosperity preaching. I'm gonna stick with it for now.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

No, Jesus said to watch out for false prophets. Peter said they were clouds without water (bringing no life). Paul said they hold to an outward form of godliness but deny the power of true godliness (salvation, healing, deliverance).
          http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...15&version=NIV

Luke 12:15 (New International Version)
          15Then he said to them, "Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
            I dunno... dem Episcopalians got it pretty easy too. A couple of rituals you're supposed to follow- but if not, don't sweat it.
            I think if you count the Europeans you'll find that most Catholics put less effort into their faith than Episcopalians do.

Try the Episcopalian Church. It's a church where you don't have to put away your mind when you go in.
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              The devils are orthodox.
              -Billy Graham
              Ohhhhh, Billy Graham. Letsee, while his fellow Christains were marching against the American Apartheid what did Billy and his pal Norman Vincent Peale do? Absolutely nothing. They "didn't want to take sides" in this "secular" struggle. They wanted to be able to "preach to the souls" ( and the wallets ) of both sides. IMHO both Billy Graham and Norman Vincent Peale were highly over-rated.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Methodists are often good churches, in Australia the Methodists, Presbyterians and Congregationalists merged to form the Uniting Church. I attend the Uniting Church and the senior minister is of Methodist background so we can be brothers in Christ.
                There is a wide variety of teaching in the Methodist (Uniting) church ranging from evangelical to liberal to mystical. If they teach the Power of God to change lives, offer forgiveness of sins, then it is a church that is well worth attending and your choice of church will be the one God is leading you too.

Comment

Methodists.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

[Q=Kidicious;5747642]Luke 12:15 (NIV)[/Q]
                    Not particularly helpful in choosing a church. Prosperity Doctrine is passé. The stuffed suits are the ones that'll get you thinking that thinking is saving. It isn't.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Prosperity Doctrine is passé.
                      Plenty of big time preachers, such as T.D. Jakes and Joel Osteen, still like to use it, though.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          Put your arms down - your armpits STINK.
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                            Methodists.

Note the "flaming cross" emblem. KKK
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Note the idiot.

Comment

You are already noted, Sloww.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X