Thread where we discuss rum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread where we discuss rum

and bash Asher et al for taking this subject up in a wrong thread.

Originally posted by Asher View Post
    Rum is just cheap liquor. The good stuff uses spices to hide the cheapness. But then it's spiced liquor.

BS. I tried a Sea Wynde this cristmas and it was like a pretty good scotch. Though, it would propably be better to discuss this in another thread.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

I'm not a huge rum aficianado, but I found Cruzan to be notably smoother and tastier than the usual ron Rico/Bacardi stuff that's served everywhere.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

What is there to discuss?

It goes well with coke. It's cheap.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher is right. I used to drink quite a bit of rum (when I was in college and price was an important factor) and still drink it on occasion, but it's always with a mixer to compensate for the fact that it's a cheap liquor.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

What is there to discuss?

It goes well with coke. It's cheap.

So is canadian whiskey - cheap and best with coke

That sea Wynde was some $40 and it would have been a sin to pour coke in it.Actually, the swetness would probably make it undrinkable with coke

Edit: the $ isn't that bad - it should be 300 DKK ~ $60.
          Last edited by BlackCat; January 19, 2010, 21:42.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
            Asher is right. I used to drink quite a bit of rum (when I was in college and price was an important factor) and still drink it on occasion, but it's always with a mixer to compensate for the fact that it's a cheap liquor.

Drakey boy, as usual your knowledge is null and void. Noone cares about your experience with cheap liqour

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
              So is canadian whiskey - cheap and best with coke
              Yes, 99% of the time this is the case.

It is very rare to find a Canadian whisky good enough to drink straight.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why does one of the worst posters on Poly think he can talk down to me?
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yes, 99% of the time this is the case.

It is very rare to find a Canadian whisky good enough to drink straight.
                  Well, that was actually meant as a meaningless insult

I agree that most - especially commercially brands - rum are mixers, but so is Jhonnie Walker red label. Noone drinks that straigth.

The same goes for rum - there are the cheap stuff (wich Drake apparently are an expert on), and then there are the specials. I don't claim I'm an expert, but my brother in law has given me some tastes that makes me think it's worth to check further.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                    Why does one of the worst posters on Poly think he can talk down to me?

Well the answer probably are in your question.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                      I'm not a huge rum aficianado, but I found Cruzan to be notably smoother and tastier than the usual ron Rico/Bacardi stuff that's served everywhere.
                      That's exactly my point - this isn't about bacardi like a serious thread about whiskey isn't about JW red label.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

A serious thread about whiskey would be about Black Jack Daniels.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Some people's affinities, I will never figure out. Chivas Regal is one of the most vile scotches ever, especially for the price. There are considerably cheaper blends that I find much preferable. And while Jack Daniels is certainly distinctive, I just don't like it much.

I guess it's a matter of taste. And marketing.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Jack Daniels is terrible.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

JD is suitable for thinning oil paint. It is not fit for human consumption.

/on topic

For everyday use, I like Lamb's Navy. Straight up. No mix.

If I'm feeling like something a little tastier/pricier Appleton Estate's reserve is a little smoother.

And mixing liquor
                              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                              X