CSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSI

I'm watching it right now - the original - and I'm oddly fine with it even though I don't think it's very interesting and it's predictable. I really don't know why that is.

As a contrast, I can't bear to watch Law and Order or NCIS or what weirdly filmed show with the good looking girl is called.
    It is a good show
    36.36%
    It is not a good show
    45.45%
    *duuh-DUNNN*
    18.18%

I never saw the charm of procedural shows, but that one dark-haired chick who I think left the show was pretty hot
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Should be multiple choice. Fine entertaintment when nothing else to do, but no problem missing 1 - several shows.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

The acting in the original one is decent enough to make it entertaining as long as they shy away from their goofier plots...
        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Yes, the original is good.

The spinoff was an abortion from the get-go, thanks to its inherent Caruso-iness.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

i'm a fan of law and order, and most of the other derivative shows aside from law and order: Columbo. CSI tends to use fake technology to find its bad guy.
            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

All three CSI programs have labs that no police department can afford, and can run tests in seconds that usually take longer. They run any kind of tests they want on long shot hunches, but are way too expensive and would never be done by a police department running under the budgets of today. They aren't very realistic and as pointed out, some of the technology is questionable at best.

On the other hand, I enjoy all three shows
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Pure and utter garbage.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I watched the original sometimes, found it okish, but not great. Didn't like the spin offs at all.....
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Ming View Post
                    All three CSI programs have labs that no police department can afford, and can run tests in seconds that usually take longer. They run any kind of tests they want on long shot hunches, but are way too expensive and would never be done by a police department running under the budgets of today. They aren't very realistic and as pointed out, some of the technology is questionable at best.

On the other hand, I enjoy all three shows
                    I...can't believe...that...you like the...Miama spin-off, it is...so bad.
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                      Should be multiple choice. Fine entertaintment when nothing else to do, but no problem missing 1 - several shows.
                      I didn't put that much thought into this thread.

I could never follow a show like CSI. Only watch it occasionally to relax. Hundreds of eps all 1 hr long and always uses the same formula, so you're hardly ever lost even if you don't pay attention. Rarely does anything unexpected, or even slightly subtle, happen. I think there was that one guy they never caught. They were sure they had him, but then it turned it out his alibi was watertight or something like that.

Knowing the show they probably brought him back in a later season where they catch him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh View Post
                        I...can't believe...that...you like the...Miama spin-off, it is...so bad.

* puts on sunglasses, makes horrible pun

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Why has no one posted this yet? Damn this site

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X