Street Art -- Interpret This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Art -- Interpret This

From my neighborhood. I don't think this is the only version. I seem to recall seeing a version in Manhattan.

By the way, Google Goggles is awesome. Identified it on the first shot.
    Attached Files
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

It's an M-16 so is that supposed to be a Laotian Montenyard boy during the Vietnam war?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

So what is it?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

That's what I'm asking you!
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I don't know, but you gave the impression that you do.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I think it looks like a Montagnard too or some other South East Asian guerrilla fighter. Do the Karens use American weapons?

Anyway, I'm spoiling it now. It's a work by the same guy who did the Obama Hope poster and is called "Duality of Humanity 2". Here's another similar one:

Story on Shepard Fairey:

Comment

I don't think you spoiled it. Didn't see in any of the links an explanation of what this piece means, so you're cool.

Comment

Working...
              X