No Pants Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pants Day

Braving sub-zero temperatures in some cities, thousands of public transport users around the world have stripped down to their underwear for No Pants Day.

Commuters brave cold for 'No Pants Day'
    Braving sub-zero temperatures in some cities, thousands of public transport users around the world have stripped down to their underwear for No Pants Day.

Published: 7:00AM GMT 12 Jan 2010

The event, which began in New York City in 2002, encourages commuters to take off their trousers while they travel.

Organisers Improv Everywhere said 3,000 people took part this year in New York with more in 43 other cities in 16 countries.

The event does not have a specific point beyond causing "scenes of chaos and joy in public places", Improv Everywhere said.

Participants were told to meet at a designated train station fully clothed before boarding and removing their trousers and skirts.

People were urged to keep a straight face, act normally and not acknowledge other people without trousers.

One of the organisers in Washington, DC, said: "there's not really any point or any cause" to the event.

"We're just trying to put smiles on people's faces," Bruce Witzenburg told the Washington Post.

On its website, Improv Everywhere said groups from Adelaide, Australia, to Zurich, Switzerland had organised their own No Pants Subway Rides.

However, some New York participants were met by protesters waiving banners calling on people not to strip. The banners were largely ignored.
    Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
    I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

They did this in Dallas, too. It was cold.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

It's way too cold up here for that sort of thing at this time of year. July would be a better time.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
        They did this in Dallas, too. It was cold.

I'd be surprised if Texans know what cold is.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

The ones in Chicago did it as a group. So much for not acknowledging others without pants.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm sure they succeeded in putting a smile on "some" people's faces.
            For those that couldn't smile, they need to take things less seriously
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post

I'd be surprised if Texans know what cold is.
              Then be surprised.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

This thread excites me.
                Promoting world peace one bum at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X