Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least Surprising Career Move Ever?

Palin inks deal to join Fox News

Anchorage, Alaska — The Associated Press Published on Monday, Jan. 11, 2010 4:30PM EST Last updated on Monday, Jan. 11, 2010 4:31PM EST

Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor and 2008 Republican vice-presidential candidate, will take her conservative message to Fox News as a regular commentator, the cable channel announced Monday.

“I am thrilled to be joining the great talent and management team at Fox News,” Ms. Palin said in a statement posted on the network's website. “It's wonderful to be part of a place that so values fair and balanced news.”

Fox said that according to the multiyear deal, Ms. Palin will offer political commentary and analysis. She also will host occasional episodes of Fox News Real American Stories , a series featuring true inspirational stories about Americans.

“Governor Palin has captivated everyone on both sides of the political spectrum and we are excited to add her dynamic voice to the FOX News lineup,” Bill Shine, executive vice-president of programming, said in a statement.

Ms. Palin is hugely popular with conservatives and has more than 1.1 million Facebook followers.

She stepped down as Alaska governor in July, 17 months before the end of her first term in office. Her resignation came less than a year after she vaulted to overnight fame as John McCain's running mate.

Ms. Palin worked part time as a weekend sportscaster in the 1980s for KTUU-TV in Anchorage.

Her upcoming commentary career had her Facebook fans giddy with excitement Monday.

“Tell ‘em like it is girl!!!!!!,” one poster wrote.

Ms. Palin finished a nationwide tour in December to promote her best-selling book, Going Rogue.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

What do you want her to do? Be a homemaker?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Damn, is she going to end up with a lot of money. Anyone who thinks she's ever going to run for office again is insane...

I seem to remember having some other sort of job until a few months ago, but the exact title escapes me, must have not been as important as going on a book tour.
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh View Post
        Damn, is she going to end up with a lot of money. Anyone who thinks she's ever going to run for office again is insane...

I seem to remember having some other sort of job until a few months ago, but the exact title escapes me, must have not been as important as going on a book tour.
        Whatever job you had, I'm sure it was fine.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Oh, no, I'm sure this will be almost as funny as her VP run. Free entertainment
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Anyone who thinks she's ever going to run for office again is insane...
            That's a silly statement considering there's a veritable revolving door between Fox News and the GOP.

Comment

So, shall we start a pool on how long until Quitty McQuitpants bails out on Fox News? I give it ten months.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Theben View Post
                Oh, no, I'm sure this will be almost as funny as her VP run. Free entertainment

What has she ever done that's entertaining? All I remember is a depressing spectacle that can't be forgotten soon enough.
                Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                  What has she ever done that's entertaining? All I remember is a depressing spectacle that can't be forgotten soon enough.
                  You don't like women in a position of authority?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Comment

I have no problem with this.
                      I'd rather see her in the entertainment field where her talents are more useful.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                        You don't like women in a position of authority?
                        A) What does she have authority over at the moment?

B) I already listed in the other thread the characteristics I liked, and authority was not one of them. It was instead just a probability "signaling" factor, which could be outweighed by the signaling factor of being a complete and utter moron.

C) Just because I think she's pathetic, that doesn't mean I wouldn't **** her brains out six ways from sundown. I don't see where I suggested otherwise. Whether I despise her personally has absolutely nothing to do with that, though it may determine whether I conclude with A2M.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                          I have no problem with this.
                          I'd rather see her in the entertainment field where her talents are more useful.
                          And that would be wonderful if people thought she was going into the entertainment field. Unfortunately a lot of them will think she's going into news.
                          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

News is entertainment and has been for at least a couple of decades.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That it no way changes my statement.
                              "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Working...
                              X