• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit and Mug

This is a new one for me.

Woman hit by stolen van, then mugged
    By ROB LAMBERTI, QMI AGENCY

TORONTO — It was a despicable scene that Ruth Cohen saw outside her North York home Tuesday night.

A woman was knocked on the ground, injured by a stolen van and was then robbed of her wallet by the van's driver.

The grey minivan was reported stolen in York Region and apparently went out of control coming off Roberta Dr. and onto Cohen's Prince Charles Dr. bungalow.

The van hit the pedestrian, rammed into a hydro pole and cable box before hitting the front steps of Cohen's home.

Cohen said heard the crash and then the woman's pleas for help.

"I saw a lady sitting there right by the tree (in her front yard)," Cohen said.

"She was bent over like this yelling," she said, crouching over to mimic the 25-year-old victim. "I saw the lady crying and yelling."

She immediately called 911, Cohen said.

The victim suffered minor injuries, Toronto Police said.

An investigator said detectives won't rule out the possibility it was an intentional hit-and-mug until the suspect is in custody and interviewed.

Cohen said she heard the victim yell, "Help, help."

Neighbour Samantha Johnson said the victim told her that she was struck and was beaten while the blond, ponytailed driver yanked at the purse.

The victim told Johnson she surrendered her purse, then the mugger jumped back in the van and drove at the victim, but missed, hitting the pole and the house.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Pretty lousy driver. He probably didn't hit her on purpose.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He/she(?) just decided to take advantage of the accident to rob her?
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Well, at least the thief made the most of a bad situation from his perspective.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
        X