Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do Asian-Americans Confuse Nostalgia with Taste?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felch View Post
    One of the Chinese places I sometimes go for lunch has sea cucumber and jellyfish on the menu. I stick with the kung pao and the lo mein.
    Aaaah, maybe yangjangpi? At least that's what its called in Koreanized Chinese places. Great stuff Bits of jellyfish, shrimp, squid sliced up bits of raw vegetables with a big bowl of wasabi sauce dumped on top, good stuff

Besides, Korean food, even when Americanized isn't slathered and drowned in so much interchangeable sauce like Chinese
    Korean food not slathered in interchangeable sauce? Bwaaa? Isn't that what gochujang is for? Luckily gochujang is good enough that it doesn't matter that in so many Korean dishes its all you can taste (except for all the garlic, mmmmmmm dak dori tang...)
    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh View Post
      Aaaah, maybe yangjangpi? At least that's what its called in Koreanized Chinese places. Great stuff Bits of jellyfish, shrimp, squid sliced up bits of raw vegetables with a big bowl of wasabi sauce dumped on top, good stuff
      Have as much as you'd like. I'll stick with my bastardized American food.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I judge my food by its taste. I'll try most anything once -- as long as it's not still living. That's a little creepy.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Still-living food.

Can't beat the freshness.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The only kind that still has a bite to it.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I generally avoid food items made in mainland China. Taiwan's stuffs are a lot better.

Comment

You mean you don't like lead and industrial chemicals in your food? Clearly you'd make a bad Chinese.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh View Post
                  Korean food not slathered in interchangeable sauce? Bwaaa? Isn't that what gochujang is for? Luckily gochujang is good enough that it doesn't matter that in so many Korean dishes its all you can taste (except for all the garlic, mmmmmmm dak dori tang...)
                  !!!
                  gochujang is not interchangeable sauce. It's unique, and just because it's used on everything doesn't mean that it's slathered on.

Also, unlike your usual Hoisin/Sweet-and-Sour/Oyster/etc crap, at least its flavor is unique.
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Classic View Post
                    !!!
                    gochujang is not interchangeable sauce. It's unique, and just because it's used on everything doesn't mean that it's slathered on.

Also, unlike your usual Hoisin/Sweet-and-Sour/Oyster/etc crap, at least its flavor is unique.
                    Well Korean cooks certainly act like its interchangable and is "spicy" really that unique of a taste? It doesn't really have any taste at all except for being hot. Korean food is good stuff but it gets really repetitive really fast.
                    Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Bosh is the only one here who's even going along the right path to troll me on Korea.
                      B♭3

Comment

Working...
                      X