Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to my why carry-on baggage from Canada -> USA flights are banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People working at information police have only two possible ways:
    Against their fellow citizens' rights or with no efficiency.
    The known solution is to branch said organizations into information services and police/covert operations.
    But politicians don't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      The problem with Intelligence (the sort of thing that would have stopped this latest guy dead in his tracks, cos his dad told the intelligence services about him!), is that it happens behind the scenes. All the politicians want to show their voters that they're in charge by scaring the **** out of them.

The number of people in the US supporting what is being done in Afghanistan probably jumped by a few percent because of this attack.
      Exactly. Once something like this happens (which sounds like a typical screw up on behalf of the security and intelligence services) the airports beef up security and checks in a most ineffectual way and then ease them off after a month or so. It's quite pathetic, it just causes inconvenience to all involved and has absolutely no effect.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah, in three weeks (will the stable doors have stopped swinging by then?), they will have full body scanners on the Amsterdam route.

Clearly the terrorists will use that route, instead of the hundreds of other routes without full body scanners...

The real question to be asked is: Does Dick Cheney have shares in the full body scanner company?
        Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
          Actually his dad notified the embassy of his concerns. The embassy is controlled by the state department not by any intelligence agency. Whether the info was passed up to intel people working at the embassy is unknown but unlikely. Its also unlikely that the info was 'red-flagged' in any way, so no other intel people outside of the embassy would have known about it (as I understand it there are 500K people on the list he was on).
          I really think you should revise this opinion by now...

Clearly your 'intelligence' is defective!

Comment

I hope it is reasonable to travel when I return to the US for a conference in May.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Will you be bringing the girlfriend? Inquiring minds want to know.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Jon has a girlfriend?
                12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                Killing it is the new killing it
                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Clearly you've been too busy working to keep up with events...

Comment

Clearly. Pics or it didn't happen.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

She's not Swedish
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                        I really think you should revise this opinion by now...

Clearly your 'intelligence' is defective!
                        Clearly you should read a post made after the revelation that the CIA did know about him. That post was my first impression of the situation.
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Clearly you automatically jump to the wrong conclusions without the full facts before you. Did you say sorry for getting it wrong in the first place?

Comment

Woah there, Pot.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                            X