Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to my why carry-on baggage from Canada -> USA flights are banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another reason for the world at large to hate our ****ing guts. Christ on a crutch, Americans are ****ing worthless.
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
      I'm going to urinate in the aisle if they ever tell me I can't get up to use the bathroom.

****ing morons.
      Better yet, everyone should do that. On the Federal Air Marshal, who can be easily recognised as the only one refusing to void his bladder.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
        Really? 5 years later and I'm still taking off my shoes every time I get on a plane.
        Now they make you take off your pants.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What ****s. The bomb wasn't in the carry-on luggage, you ****ing nitwits, it was under his trousers.

Clearly to be safe, we should just not have pants on the ****ing flight.

Also, Victor Galis, you remember him, he says that it smells like a plot to shake down travelers for bag checking fee money.
          B♭3

Comment

Good. I always hate those numbnuts who seem to think that all the overhead compartments were made for their 30 piece luggage set. Not only do they choose not to check anything, even before it cost, but they also choose to have nothing at their feet. So, while I am left cramped in my econ class seat Mr. Luggageman has all the leg room he wants and all the overhead compartment. Then, when the plan lands he totally expects you to wait while he gathers all his stuff from the overhead 5 rows back before you can move.

/rant
            Monkey!!!

Comment

You know, if they don't allow electronic stimulation, they should provide something like Xanax or Vicodin or Pot for people flying.
              B♭3

Comment

That'll get the pilots jonesin
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Good. I always hate those numbnuts who seem to think that all the overhead compartments were made for their 30 piece luggage set. Not only do they choose not to check anything, even before it cost, but they also choose to have nothing at their feet. So, while I am left cramped in my econ class seat Mr. Luggageman has all the leg room he wants and all the overhead compartment. Then, when the plan lands he totally expects you to wait while he gathers all his stuff from the overhead 5 rows back before you can move.

KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
                    Actually his dad notified the embassy of his concerns. The embassy is controlled by the state department not by any intelligence agency. Whether the info was passed up to intel people working at the embassy is unknown but unlikely. Its also unlikely that the info was 'red-flagged' in any way, so no other intel people outside of the embassy would have known about it (as I understand it there are 500K people on the list he was on).

Not only did the CIA 'know about it', the CIA interviewed the guy's father SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THIS before the incident occurred (over a month ago).

Officials confirmed Tuesday that the government had intelligence from Yemen before Christmas that a branch of al-Qaeda was discussing the preparation of “a Nigerian” to execute a terror attack, and that the CIA met with the father of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the 23-year-old Nigerian accused of trying to detonate plastic explosives on the Northwest Airlines Flight 253.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      Not only did the CIA 'know about it', the CIA interviewed the guy's father SPECIFICALLY ABOUT THIS before the incident occurred (over a month ago).

It's not called Al-CIAda for nothin'.

The most wealthy and sophisticated intel and military systems in the history of the world being thwarted by Al-Q cavemen and their associated "men about town". Right.

The CIA's "mistakes" are too numerous and too egregious to be believed legitimate. Consider how many "terrorists" attacks were known prior, and easily stopped or interrupted - yet not.

Anyone still under the illusion that the executive branch and the CIA are working to 'protect' the American people is a fool.

At what point do people overcome the cognitive dissonance and realize this is CIA sponsored terror against the american people?

Comment

Unbelievable.
                        Blah

Comment

Inorite?!

Comment

Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
                            It's not called Al-CIAda for nothin'.

The most wealthy and sophisticated intel and military systems in the history of the world being thwarted by Al-Q cavemen and their associated "men about town". Right.

The CIA's "mistakes" are too numerous and too egregious to be believed legitimate. Consider how many "terrorists" attacks were known prior, and easily stopped or interrupted - yet not.

Anyone still under the illusion that the executive branch and the CIA are working to 'protect' the American people is a fool.

At what point do people overcome the cognitive dissonance and realize this is CIA sponsored terror against the american people?
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1414439/

Officials confirmed Tuesday that the government had intelligence from Yemen before Christmas that a branch of al-Qaeda was discussing the preparation of “a Nigerian” to execute a terror attack, and that the CIA met with the father of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, the 23-year-old Nigerian accused of trying to detonate plastic explosives on the Northwest Airlines Flight 253.
                              I made my post before that report came out and I didnt post it as a fact just a supposition. In any case, I stand by the gist of it. Based on my experience as an analyst (many years ago) and on observations of the current sytate of affairs, the most likely place for an intel breakdown is between different agencies of the government ie between the state department and CIA. As for Obama's news report, I wouldn't trust it further than I could throw it since its all about damage control at this point.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer

Hey, HL's CIA conspiracy-theory does explain why top Al-Qaeda bombmakers in Yemen would equip Abdulmutallab with a bomb that wasn't nearly large enough to destroy the plane, as KH has claimed. I think HL and KH might be on to something here; this may have been a CIA false-flag operation meant to scare the public and build support for the further reduction of our civil liberties.
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X