Ad campaigns that make me want to punch random passers-by in the throat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad campaigns that make me want to punch random passers-by in the throat

1. The holiday Gap ads, with the cheerleader-like chanting.

2. The mother****ing Old Navy mannequins.

3. The IPod commericals with people lip-synching into their color-coordinated IPods.

Which commercials fill you folks with murderous rage?
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Wow, man. That's why God created DVRs and the 30-second skip button.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

This is ooouurrr countreeeee
      Like a rock
      When I think value, I think of Wrangler

the Nike puppets (as I have mentioned elsewhere) fill me with glee.
      The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Mostly the same stupid **** they air every hockey game.

Scotiabank is one of the worst offenders.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah... that's the problem with live sports. Almost everything else I watch is commercial free or I can zap/zip the commercials. But live sports... If I have to see the Toyota commercial when they are looking for the dog one more time, I'm going to go blow up the nearest Toyota dealer.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Someone call Homeland Security.
            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

The robot are whatever the **** he is during a certain network's NFL games.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Lexus December to remember.
                He got it at Jared's.
                All the tax refund commercials that start on Jan.1 and end Apr. 15.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

My first thought was 'pick any drug-company commercial'. After some reflection, my second thought was that I despise them all. Thanks to the respite of DVR, my BP elevates when I'm forced to watch any commercials these days.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I want a hippopotamus for christmaaas
                    Only a hippopotamus will doooo
                    No crocodile or rhinoceroces
                    The only thing i like are hippopotamuses
                    And hippopotamuses like me tooo

I know it by heart
                    What?

Comment

The NCAA ones that indicate they teach "student athletes"

yeah right
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Also, all the healthcare reform commercials that they're still bombarding Nebraska with even though Ben Nelson already sold out. I particularly hate the ones that repeat the lie that healthcare reform will lower the deficit.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

All the ones I really loathe (that I can think of) have already been mentioned, so I'll point out a commercial that I actually like: that BK commercial that tells you to get $1 gift cards for all your "third-, fourth- and fifth-rate gift recipients...the card tells them you almost care." Something like that. I don't watch much TV, but we need more assholish holiday commercials.

EDIT: Guy, you forgot the various commercials where they have people singing "great holiday bargains" to the tune of Christmas carols. At first it was just Best Buy doing it, but now I think someone else is too. Can't recall who exactly, so obviously it isn't that effective, but still, yuk.

Also, the various freecreditreport.com commercials, especially the one who sings about how he married his "dream girl" because he didn't know she had bad credit. Because these days, you can't have a true love with bad credit.

Oooh, and that obnoxiously smug "boom to the power of boom" PS3 executive. Can't forget him.
                            Last edited by Elok; December 23, 2009, 10:35.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post

Oh holy ****, forgot that one. I start bleeding from my eyeballs when that comes on.
                              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                              X