Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Johnny Utah the greatest QB of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Johnny Utah the greatest QB of all time?

We all know he was a mediocre FBI agent whose maverick ways never went over well with Special Agent Perry Cox, but has there ever been a better pure quarterback? I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise, but I doubt anyone is going to be able to make a good enough case.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

[img]http://****leys.com/_writecontent/_users/1297/_ProductsFull/OS001_main.jpg[/img]

KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

He looks like a ***.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

You gonna jump or jerk off?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Vaya con Dios, Brah.
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Queen Bee?
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Shyuh I always preferred Mickey New Mexico, Jr in his prime. His final quart double extra point slamdown with just 2.5 imperial gallons left in the 57-95 1987 World Bowls victory over the Torremolinas Tighty Whiteys was class-sick, broofus.

Comment

Utah was pretty good, but I gotta give the nod to Shane Falco . Falco was all heart with a cannon for an arm. Plus, Annabelle is hotter than Tyler.
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Shane Falco is a good suggestion; he and Utah were very similar players. I'll have to think about this...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

And Kontiki wins the thread.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Paul Crewe is greater.

The original, not the ****ty copy of him.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The Internet's judgment? Utah wins...

No way Falco gets his number retired. He choked the Sugar Bowl, and since that was pre-BCS, that means that he didn't win the Big Ten, probably lost to Michigan and didn't make it to the Rose Bowl. Given his job before the players' strike, it looks like he failed to graduate also.

Not only did Johnny Utah beat SC in the Rose Bowl, but as it was pre-BCS, he obviously beat Michigan to win the Big Ten in order to get there. Also, let's not forget that he went to law school after his window closed, which means that he did graduate.

Big Difference.

Johnny Utah v. Shane Falco
                        KH FOR OWNER!
                        ASHER FOR CEO!!
                        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

If only Jason Street hadn't been paralyzed, he would have shown them both up.
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'll go with Jimmy Dix
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                              The Internet's judgment? Utah wins...

No way Falco gets his number retired. He choked the Sugar Bowl, and since that was pre-BCS, that means that he didn't win the Big Ten, probably lost to Michigan and didn't make it to the Rose Bowl. Given his job before the players' strike, it looks like he failed to graduate also.

Not only did Johnny Utah beat SC in the Rose Bowl, but as it was pre-BCS, he obviously beat Michigan to win the Big Ten in order to get there. Also, let's not forget that he went to law school after his window closed, which means that he did graduate.

Big Difference.

Johnny Utah v. Shane Falco
                              Perhaps the conclusion holds, but the context of that thread is hypothetically retiring Falco's jersey, which means the focus is properly on collegiate achievement. Your question is broader, encompassing professional accomplishment, as well. What did Utah do in The League? Falco's career was a Leafesque disappointment, by and large, but his triumph over Dallas at least deserves consideration.

That said, I'm not sure it's enough, given that it's a brief moment, however sparkling, in the midst of an abysmal pro career, and Utah's college resume is clearly superior to Falco's.

By the way, I propose a 48-hour ban on the first person to champion Johnny Walker for consideration.
                              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                              X