No announcement yet.

Britishers and British names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that you mention it Texans sound like retards too.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Everyone knows the MOD are a bunch of incompetent fools. The budget is about to be slashed because of the gigantic debt the UK govt is in, but instead of going about their vastly bloated domestic infrastructure populated by thousands of faceless civil servant public school toffs called 'Teddly' (I wouldn't be surprised that's his jolly-hockeysticks nickname from when he was gangbanged up the arse at somewhere like Eton, most likely by David Cameron and his mates) with a giant hatchet - they'll be making life even more dangerous for our men dying in Afghanistan...

I just wish we could put those ****ers on the frontline and see how the Army's equipment and logistics would improve overnight! Plus we'd be cutting back the staff through 'natural wastage'...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
        Now that you mention it Texans sound like retards too.
        'Sound like'?

Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

My nephews name is Tedd. They call him Teddy, to distinguish him from his dad who is also named Tedd.

His brothers names is Kale.

I have a problem with people who name their kids after themselves. Seems rather egotistical.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

It does, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
              JIEDDO is an organization over in Crystal City.

Actually, it's the other way around. In the 1750s it became the "thing" by the British Upper Classes to change the pronunciation of words so that English would sound more Frenchy and Romantic.
              I can understand that.

We have the same feeling in french toward canadian french: they have a lot of old style expressions/words/pronounciations:
              American English is the middle-age form of it.
              fixed.
              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

American English always struck me as pretty close to Irish, at least by dialectical standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                  Some guy said "Cheer-e-o" to me today. It was kinda gay.
                  Only works in the roaring twenties, and Bertie Wooster.
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I still remember a "modern English" BBC adaptation of Othello I watched a snippet of for a Shakespeare class. Desdemona was some sort of horrid cockney or something. When Othello confronted her with the "truth," she squawked out, "I's nawt trooooo!" Made you wonder why Othello hadn't smothered her already.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Americaners have the funniest names

eg.

the many Randy Bumgardeners you can find on google.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                      X