Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm hemorrhaging money

quick get a bucket!

(hemorrhage, unnecessarily difficult word)

Not only did we just spend money on all them Christmas presents but...

Wifey installed new carpet, 2 years same as cash financing, still it was $3k we didn't need to spend. It was spent, by the way, because her parents said they would help us buy new carpet (since they gave her sister land to build a house and spent a crap load on her brothers house during his remodel). Her parents gave us $200 towards it... thanks.

Furnace motor crapped out because of all the dust that was kicked up from the new carpet being installed. Result? About $1k for all new motor and blower wheel installed.

A rock hit my windshield on the way to work putting a chip in it the size of my knuckle. Result? $250 for new windshield.

My last tuition bill is due the 28th, and I'm not sure where I'm going to get the money. It's about $2,200.

So, not counting normal budgeted items and Christmas presents, we already spent $6,450 this month.

This is why I hate December. And wifey wonders why I hate traveling during this time of year, because on top everything else we would be spending money on airline tickets and travel expenses.

I had to use my credit card for the first time in a long time
    Monkey!!!

Eh, I'm hemorrhaging other people's money at this point.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Jeez, your in-laws were a bit stingy with their contribution. Your wife should kick up a stink about it. I can't imagine $200 compares very well with the value of the land her sister got.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

$200 for carpeting? Maybe they meant they'd buy a new welcome mat.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I can't imagine $200 compares very well with the value of the land her sister got.
          Well, it is next door to them... I wouldn't want to live there.

I think the bigger problem is, at least with her, is that her brother remodeled his whole house and her parents helped him out a lot. He has now been unemployed for about 8 months and they have also been helping him out. When I lost my job, nothing. When I remodeled my last house, nothing. When we want new carpet, they offer to help! And, relatively nothing.

Another issue with them is that they told wifey last year that Grandma (one of their mom's) had left a good amount of money for the expressed purpose of helping the kids or grandkids go back to school. They helped her brother's wife get a "life coach" certificate or some such worthless piece of paper, and they haven't offered to help with my MBA, which I am paying out of pocket.

It's apparent that they don't like me. That's alright, the feeling is mutual. Still, don't mislead my wife like that.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

A carpet worth 3k? Did you import it from ****ing Iran?
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Wall to wall carpeting in the family room, living room, stairs, and hallway. That was actually a pretty good price, included install.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

I thank the stars. My mother-in-law treats me like one of her sons. I've never had a problem with my wife's family. I am blessed.

I do remember a while back where our bathroom window was starting to get a bit gross and my wife suggested that we replace it. ($150.00) I made the mistake of agreeing unconditionally. The next thing I know my wife was shopping around to replace all the windows in our house which would look crappy without new siding, which made the gutters look old, so next thing I know I'm refinancing our house to get the 25K to pay for it.

The ONLY bright side was that I switched from a 30 year down to a 15 year mortgage so I'm close to actually owning my house.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The windshield guy called while I was in the bathroom because he wanted to come right then. They gave me a time frame of 12 to 5! and it will take 90 minutes. My class is at 530. If they aren't here by 4 I will have to cancel. I can't miss my last class.

Nothing has gone right today.

I even called wifey to tell her that another chunk of change is gone and she didn't even pay attention to what I was saying. So, I told her I'll just talk to her later because she's obviously preoccupied. That pissed her off... damn.

I'm going to print my project out right now, in case the network goes out or the power.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                    I thank the stars. My mother-in-law treats me like one of her sons. I've never had a problem with my wife's family. I am blessed.

I do remember a while back where our bathroom window was starting to get a bit gross and my wife suggested that we replace it. ($150.00) I made the mistake of agreeing unconditionally. The next thing I know my wife was shopping around to replace all the windows in our house which would look crappy without new siding, which made the gutters look old, so next thing I know I'm refinancing our house to get the 25K to pay for it.

The ONLY bright side was that I switched from a 30 year down to a 15 year mortgage so I'm close to actually owning my house.

Our deadbolt fell apart on our front door and my wife started talking about replacing the whole door. We got some prices, and decided to go with the $20 replacement lock.

Comment

Smart move.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                        The windshield guy called while I was in the bathroom because he wanted to come right then. They gave me a time frame of 12 to 5! and it will take 90 minutes. My class is at 530. If they aren't here by 4 I will have to cancel. I can't miss my last class.

Nothing has gone right today.

I even called wifey to tell her that another chunk of change is gone and she didn't even pay attention to what I was saying. So, I told her I'll just talk to her later because she's obviously preoccupied. That pissed her off... damn.

I'm going to print my project out right now, in case the network goes out or the power.
                        Can't you just drive to class while the guy hangs off your car, repairing your windshield?

Comment

If he gets in here in time I'm sure I could, not sure about him.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                            Not only did we just spend money on all them Christmas presents but...

Wifey installed new carpet, 2 years same as cash financing, still it was $3k we didn't need to spend. It was spent, by the way, because her parents said they would help us buy new carpet (since they gave her sister land to build a house and spent a crap load on her brothers house during his remodel). Her parents gave us $200 towards it... thanks.

Furnace motor crapped out because of all the dust that was kicked up from the new carpet being installed. Result? About $1k for all new motor and blower wheel installed.
                            ^
                            stuff you don't need and resulting damages

A rock hit my windshield on the way to work putting a chip in it the size of my knuckle. Result? $250 for new windshield.

My last tuition bill is due the 28th, and I'm not sure where I'm going to get the money. It's about $2,200.

^
                            stuff you need with financial shortfalls

So, not counting normal budgeted items and Christmas presents, we already spent $6,450 this month.

next time you might consider putting your needs in front of your wants.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I'll tell my wife she needs to do that. Thank you.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X