Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the climate had been a bank, the West would have saved it by now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And who says Obama is weak and can't get the world community to act.

He speechifies and says the time for talk is over. China and India agree.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
      Climate talks are deadlocked.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The Guardian: Barack Obama's speech disappoints and fuels frustration at Copenhagen
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Dang,

You'ld think by now that Obama would be wary of going to HopenChangen. Two abysmal performances.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
            If the climate had been a bank, the Israelis would have subjugated the Palestinians on it.
            Very good.

Comment

The solution is so so simple. Have the first world sign a deal and then announce a complete embargo along with seizure of all assets of any country which refuses to sign. End of problem.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That's an excellent analogue on the thread title, since climate will be saved by $100 billion of money given to climate saving organisations.

Well, if it has no effect, we just haven't used enough money. on you selfish *******s who aren't DEMANDING YOUR LEADERS TO USE MORE MONEY... TO SAVE THE WORLD!!!

How's the prediction of "well over a year" long iraq war against saddam ending in US defeat and 1 million iraqi casualties killed by us troops working out for you, MOBIUS? I remember you declaring how obvious it is to everybody ("stupidest of an idiot" was the term you used, I believe) that Saddam had WMDs, but the point of avoiding the war should be that war should only be used as a last resort, and Bush hadn't negotiated enough with Saddam. Fukking brilliant, somehow you managed to be not only wrong, but extremely wrong, and extremely wrong from the viewpoint of both sides. You're so stupid, shameless, self-contradicting, hypocritical, and your predictions and moral mightiness have such a terrible track record, it's surreal that you still have the gall to post here. Don't worry, just call everybody who thinks that your predictions are full of **** an "idiot" and a "fascist" and insert a gazillion and -smileys, that's what you're here for.

You were also an extremely funny poster in your prime idiocy, but I believe your persona and it's novelty got old somewhere around 2005.
                Last edited by RGBVideo; December 18, 2009, 16:14. Reason: i was thinking of removing some personal comments, but I changed my mind and inserted more of them

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                  The solution is so so simple. Have the first world sign a deal and then announce a complete embargo along with seizure of all assets of any country which refuses to sign. End of problem.
                  Yes, all the rich countries should get together and beat the hell out of poor countries because it's the right thing to do.
                  John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Nice mischaracterization. All the negative effects could be avoided simply by agreeing to sign on to a cap and trade system. The problem is countries like China (the world's biggest polluter) and India are increasing pollution output faster then it is being cut in the 1st world. There can be no solution without those countries taking part so I'd make them take part.

Tell them they have to get in the system or they won't be able to sell a peanut abroad and then they'll actually start being part of the solution.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                      Both healthcare reform and Copenhagen are going down the toilet in the same week. Best Christmas ever?
                      I would think you would support government-run health care, considering your hatred for older generations.

Think of all the mass graves of dead elderly people who will die from being denied health care, by the death panels.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                          Yes, all the rich countries should get together and beat the hell out of poor countries because it's the right thing to do.
                          Imperialism. Not just for the 19th (and change) Century anymore
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You're right, Mobius. Now we just need Europe to form the head, the United States to form the torso, and Australia and Japan can be the arms. Climate bot is a go!
                            Which is to say that "the West" can no more save this any other country, however much you may feel guilty about all that industrialization.
                            Last edited by Zevico; December 19, 2009, 05:48.
                            "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                              If the climate had been a bank, the Israelis would have subjugated the Palestinians on it.
                              Unless you're trying to make a bad joke that makes no sense. The "Palestinians" are hardly blameless.

Comment

No, they suck.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X