**** the computer network/server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** the computer network/server.

Our computer network is down here at work - AGAIN. Which means, once more, I'm becoming exceedingly aggravated that I cannot get more work done.

Post funny stories, pictures, or whatever to give me some holiday cheer - or else!
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

HOW ARE YOU ON THE NET WITHOUT THE NETWORK. ANSWER ME THAT AND I WILL SPARE YOUR LIFE.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Attached Files
      Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I'm not sure how. We may have one server for Internet use, and another server for our computer drives, where the files I work with, are stored.

EDIT: damn x-posting

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          HOW ARE YOU ON THE NET WITHOUT THE NETWORK. ANSWER ME THAT AND I WILL SPARE YOUR LIFE.
          He's a bloddy damn USER that can't give a clear error description

Suggest immediate applying 10.000 V to his keyboard
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

THE NETWORK IS DOWN OH NOEZ[/end furiously typed message sent successfully over the pneumatic tubes powering the internet as we know it]
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

PEBKAC
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

That was my thought, but you put it so much better than I would have.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Reminds me of a recent conversation with our "help" desk hotline.

HELP DESK GUY: Hello, thanks for calling IT Help Desk, what can I do for you today?
                  ME: Hi, I am in office # 1234, and I've lost all network access for the past hour. I can't get email, intranet, or internet. I've rebooted twice, no luck.
                  HDG: Ok, we'll take a look at that. Have you logged a ticket with us before?
                  ME: No, I haven't had a chance to call about it until now.
                  HDG: But did you log a ticket on the helpdesk website?
                  ME: Uh, no. I couldn't, I don't have intranet or internet access.
                  HDG: Oh right, sorry. Could you try rebooting your machine for me?
                  ME: Really? I did that twice already.
                  HDG: I know, you said that, but please try at again while I'm on the line so I can see if there are any error messages that pop up.
                  ME: Oooookay, I didn't get any error messages before.

--2 minutes later--

ME: OK, I've rebooted, didn't get an error message, same as the previous times.
                  HDG: Do you have network access?
                  ME: No, not a bit.
                  HDG: OK. What's your computer name? I'm going to connect to it to take a look at some settings.
                  ME: How will you connect to it?
                  HDG: I'll connect over the networ--oh.
                  ME: Right.

Someone else in IT had to fix the problem for me.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Help Desk guys are the worst.

If you think it's painful for you, imagine it when I have to call help desk.

If I could fix it myself I could, but they don't give me permissions. So I tell them exactly how to fix it, but instead they go through their checklist of stupid **** to ask me before concluding to do what I said at the beginning.

My laptop at work is off their grid. My manager and I are rebels. They're running WinXP + Office 2003 with crippled local permissions...we're running Windows 7 + Office 2010 and we actually VPN into the network. When their network goes down -- and it does all the time -- we're unaffected. We've got our own internet connection, and we also have a backup WiMAX modem.

They also are affected by a corporate firewall. Not us.

Comment

I sympathize with you, Boris. But good news - the computer drives that are on the other server are up now. I can go back to work now.

Now if I can just get other things the way I like, by Christmas.

Comment

The one good thing to working it IT. I have most of the access codes so it's easier to fix things myself.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You can accomplish the same thing by going rogue.

I only get affected when the Exchange server goes down. And even then, all that means is less corporate people ***** at me. My team communicates via MSN and gmail mostly.

We even run our own basic infrastructure: dev servers, VPN server, SVN server, etc. What's sad is the IT guys work across the hall from me.

Comment

What's sad is the IT guys work across the hall from me.
                            Next time you have a problem, pick up an axe or like, turn your face and give them a visit
                            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I thought this thread would be about Poly's POS server. :surprised:
                              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X