Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you believe has been adequately demonstrated in climate change science?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HalfLotus View Post
    The Copenhagen Accord establishes a "High Level Panel" to oversee a "Copenhagen Climate Fund", which includes the $100b/yr promised by Hillary, among other tbd sums- i.e. whatever else they can suck out of the legislatures of the world. Also a broadly defined "Technology Mechanism".
    Ahem,

Originally posted by Hillary Clinton View Post
    The United States is prepared to work with other countries toward a goal of jointly mobilizing $100 billion a year by 2020 to address the climate change needs of developing countries
    In the next three years the US throw in a mere 2.5b a year. The US defense budget is an estimated 1400 billion, which is an all-time record -- somewhat surprising in times like these. This figure is of course including the costs posted in other departments, who in reality are related to defense industry).

Priorities anyone?

PS: EU and Japan donate about 7b each. From 2020 onwards about 70 billion will be donated to poor countries.

Weak engagements if you ask me. I'm blaming the corporate ****s in the US senate and the sovereignity-obsessed Chinese commucrats
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Is there a term from game theory for the idea that, since not everybody in a game is going to throw in and be selfless (that being a condition for "victory"), it's better to save what you have? If so, I claim that.

EDIT: Heeey, wait a minute, you were talking about giving money to the third world. Well, that's just ****ing stupid. No matter how much money you give to them, the majority will disappear and the remainder will be misspent. We have to pretend to support the idea for PC PR reasons, but if we're not stupid enough to put our money where our mouths are, and the EU and Japan are, well, that's not our fault.
      Last edited by Elok; December 21, 2009, 19:24.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Devoting ridiculous amounts of time to editing Wikipedia? Well, I'm just shocked, shocked, I tell you. Wikipedia should set higher standards of behavior. They would, of course, except they'd lose 95% of their current members assuming they could even enforce it.

This isn't about Wiki, it's about an organized campaign to misinform people on a mass scale about AGW. Read the articles and the thread title.

He wasn't your everyday overactive Wiki user, he was an administrator who had his privileges revoked.
        Last edited by HalfLotus; December 21, 2009, 21:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
          Ahem,

jointly funded

Yes it is jointly funded, but those are not contradictory statements. Just makes it an even more bold promise from Hillary.

Those figures you're quoting are not related to the Copenhagen agreement. It was drawn up two days ago, and has not been addressed by any national legislatures.

We can expect Dems to try to pass large sums of funding for the Copenhagen Fund in the next few years. I believe that **** Pelosi is already on record as saying, "This will pass through Congress and get to the President."

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
            Is there a term from game theory for the idea that, since not everybody in a game is going to throw in and be selfless (that being a condition for "victory"), it's better to save what you have? If so, I claim that.

I'm not sure about game theory, but in philosophy there are two approximations: "The tragedy of the commons" and "Prisoners' dilemma".

Comment

an organized campaign to misinform people on a mass scale about AGW

Unbelieveable!
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by ricketyclik View Post
                I'm not sure about game theory, but in philosophy there are two approximations: "The tragedy of the commons" and "Prisoners' dilemma".
                In other words, certain doom.

What we seem to be lurching towards (and that's the rich, as the poor are not being given a choice), is a sort of Faustian pact where we'd rather live out our immediate future in luxury despite the knowledge that in doing so condemns the human race as a whole to certain disaster...

As I said, I don't really care anymore because it's not really going to affect me - which is probably what all the world's ageing leaders are also thinking...
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
                  an organized campaign to misinform people on a mass scale about AGW

Unbelieveable!
                  ARGGHHH. SPELLLIINGGGGGGGG
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                  X