Why are Russians corrupt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

If it wasn't for corrupt foreigners, including Russians, I wouldn't have such a fun job.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        Isn't that the name of the antichrist in that Left Behind fundie fapfest?
        No, that's Nicolae Carpathia.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafe View Post
          I believe it's relatively simple. After the bolshivik revolution
          Uh, Russia has been terribly corrupt since well before the revolution.

Bribery and graft were ways of life under the Tsars.

Whatever it is that caused it, it goes back very, very far in Russian history.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

These corruption indices are BS. Especially the ones that try to put a value on corruption.
            I am sure that high level corruption in the USA (lobbying, etc.) is a lot higher than Russian or any other country's corruption costs. As a percentage of GDP US corruption is not that high but if US GDP drops I am sure that the corruption will not decrease and even increase and reach relative levels comparable to other poorer countries.

Of course common sense dictates that a population of lower paid people will be more tempted to take a bribe than a population of better paid people.
            Quendelie axan!

Comment

For some reason, lobbying and special interests aren't considered corruption, while their most obviously are.
              But here corruption is really pervasive. Do American highway patrolmen take bribes if they stop you for speeding?
              Graffiti in a public toilet
              Do not require skill or wit
              Among the **** we all are poets
              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Working...
              X