PSA: Check your House Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Check your House Filter

The past week or so I have been complaining about the sound of the whole house fan when it would kick on in the morning to bring the house up to a warm temp. I went down there a couple of times and though that it must be a lose belt as if I kick the darn thing it would stop for a minute. Also, wifey told me the biannual service was coming up so I didn't bother to check it out any further. That was suppose to be last Tuesday, but the company had a lot of service guys call in sick so they rescheduled it for next week.

Then, this morning, it was still driving me nuts (usually I'm up and out of the house before it comes on and wifey doesn't seem to notice the noise). I checked the vents and there wasn't much coming from them. I checked the filter and it seemed really dark, especially since we just got new carpet installed and this kicks up a lot of dust. So, I asked wifey when she last replaced that, and she couldn't remember. I just got back from the store where I picked up a new one, it's like night and day. It's 10am and the house still isn't up to temp, and I can see why; the new filter is awesome. The noise is gone and there is good flow from the registers.

PSA and summary; make sure to replace your house filter every 3-4 months like you are suppose to, it'll save on your fan ware and tare and power bill since it won't run as long.

You're welcome.
    Monkey!!!

Does my house have a filter?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

If you have hot water or electric heating it can be really hard to find the filter.

You'll need a flashlight.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

This sounds like a scam. A bunch of guys show up outside your house ask to see your "house filter". Next thing you know your tied up in the basement robbed, blind and destitute!

Comment

Working...
        X