X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is World AIDS Day.

A moment to pause, and reflect.

. . . .

Does anyone personally know someone afflicted with HIV or AIDS?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Fortunately, no.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Only one, and he passed away.
      I've had more friends pass due to heart decease so that is a bigger priority for me. (especially since that's more likely to get me too)
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        Fortunately, no.
        I know of two people and they seem to be doing well so far.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          Only one, and he passed away.
          How long ago did he pass away?

Comment

I had AIDS.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
              How long ago did he pass away?
              It was awhile ago, 5-6 years or so if not longer. Memory goes quickly as you get older.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I think we should all consider how far medicine has come. AIDS used to be a death sentence to a painfull death, now people are living 10+ years with it. I think that soon aids will probably be no worse than a contageus for of diabetes would be.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Do people really live 10+ years with AIDS, or just HIV?
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    Do people really live 10+ years with AIDS, or just HIV?
                    I need to check, but on first hunch I think you are right and I misspoke. But I think some full blown AIDS people live 5+ years.
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

How did we ever live before the days of Wikipedia?

Comment

Ask Ben, he doesn't trust Wikipedia. He prefers to get his source from unbiased organizations and websites, like www.kkk.com, www.rightwingpower4evah.com, www.christianbuggeryisonlyasinifitsaman.com and so forth.

Comment

What a terrible thing to celebrate.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            What a terrible thing to celebrate.

Comment

Is it really called AIDS Awareness Day? AIDS Day does sound kind of funky. World AIDS Day, that a little better, I guess.
                              Not much.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X