No announcement yet.

Why are Russians alcoholics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada's suicide rate would be lower if the Maple Leafs and Canucks didn't suck.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      When did I say they ruled it? I used their names as a stand-in for the concept of "since the dawn of what passes for civilization over there," ie when some Slavic (pseudoslavic, whatever; you were all just slave-trader fodder until around the age of discovery when we switched to Angolans) people or other acquired a written language. It's not fair to count the time before that, as you had nothing to do back then but procreate, whack each other with sticks, and drink booze all day. The fact that you have continued to do pretty much nothing else over the intervening centuries, however, is pretty sad.
      I know that you folk think everything east of Dover is a wild barbaric land, but this doesn't mean you can spend your free time trolling me.
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
        Gorod is a normal word
        Gorod :headbang:

Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
        Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
        Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
          Lithuania has the highest suicide rate? No wonder we haven't heard from Saras in so long.
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

I know that you folk think everything east of Dover is a wild barbaric land, but this doesn't mean you can spend your free time trolling me.
            Have you perchance looked at the title of this thread?
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Russian consumption of alcohol isn't the worst in the world, in fact it's comparable to UK alcohol consumption, though Russians are more likely to consume hard liquor, and there's a higher consumption of "non-recordable" (i.e., after shave lotion ) in Russia. It makes me wonder whether alcohol really is to blame for Russia's high middle-aged male mortality. Either that or they're drinking some really, really, really bad s**t.
              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

They drink bad ****. Like after shave lotion. And Vodka.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I know that you folk think everything east of Dover is a wild barbaric land
                  I looked at the map of the lands east of Dover and it said "Here be dragons"!
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

The Rushki men drink too much because they can not get enough sex. They can not pick up enough women and have high impotency rates because they drink too much.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Last time I looked data showed that Russian men have one of the lowest rates of obesity in Europe. Russian women on the other hand have one of the highest rates of obesity.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

They must have exported all the cute ones to the west.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                          jeelen is fast shaping up to be my favorite new ****poster
                          is he your dl?

i mean, geez... making a quick reading mistake and not realizing it because of unbelievable stupidity, or making a quick reading mistake and not willing to admit it because he's too pretentious... i thought we were through with this flame-war 101 stuff in apolyton way back in 2004?

on-topic, i honestly think it's a cultural thing. 100%-ethanol drinking amounts in finland were way lower in the 1950s-1970s (lowest quarter in Europe), but they've been slipping up decade by decade as it has somehow become a "cool" and a "traditionally finnish" thing to drink until you start to throw up, every weekend. so cultural changes have significantly increased alcohol consumption in finland.

russians are probably stuck with a culture where alcohol is seen as a some-kind of cure-all solution to problems.
                          Last edited by RGBVideo; December 7, 2009, 14:53.

Comment

Working...
                          X