Should There Be Only One?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should There Be Only One?

I recently learned that a remake/series reboot of the original Highlander is in the works. All I could learn about it from the Wikipedia page was that it's directed by the guy who did the latest "The Fast and the Furious" film. Not a good sign; sure, Highlander wasn't exactly cerebral, but that's taking a mildly retarded film and putting it in the hands of a profoundly retarded director. Oh, and also, Connor and the Kurgan are rumored to be played by two guys I never heard of.

Not yet known are whether they will be using the same awesomely ****ty special effects or updated versions thereof, if they will fill in the bajillion plot and series mythology holes (I still want to know what happens if a normal person decapitates one--does he get the electric orgasm? Did they all flee France during the Revolution?), or if they will again choose to cast exactly one authentically Scottish actor and then make him the Spaniard for some deranged reason. Personally, I hope they pick the Dos Equis Man for Ramirez. He has a beard and a thick, impressive accent, which is about all the role calls for. Here's hoping he can sword-fight.

If nothing else, this series is long overdue for a video game adaptation.
    Frankly, the first one was one too many
    33.33%
    Yes, they should not remake it
    33.33%
    More Highlander! More!
    22.22%
    Do bananas grow in the highlands?
    11.11%
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Even 1 was one too many for Highlander.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

"Ramirez" wasn't Spanish; he was Egyptian. He was simply the chief metallurgist to King Philip of Spain.

EDIT: goddamnit, apparently it was King Charles V (HRE)/I of Spain.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

The first movie wasn't bad and wisely left no opening for a sequel.

Then they went and made a sequel.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Lord Byron gets decapitated in the Highlander TV series
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I'm ambivalent on the TV series. I never enjoyed it enough to watch, but I appreciate the fact that it's a prequel and not a sequel.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
              Personally, I hope they pick the Dos Equis Man for Ramirez... Here's hoping he can sword-fight.
              The Most Interesting Man teaches the masters to sword fight.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I thought the most interesting man was the Dos Equis man.

Promoting world peace one bum at a time.

Comment

You're a ****.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by bumfister View Post
                    I thought the most interesting man was the Dos Equis man.

Yes. Yes, that would be the point. Good for you.

Watched it again with the wife tonight. We agreed that it was an awesomely ****ty movie to be loved for the incredible kitsch. Check out the final quickening sometime; instead of a lightning storm, he gets attacked by these line-drawing dog-devil things that look like they came out of a mid-eighties music video. Which, I suppose, they probably did.

Come to think of it, a number of those unresolved questions might have been answered in the terrible, terrible sequels. I saw three and four, but if they contained the answers I missed them or am repressing them; I never saw two, and didn't know they made a fifth until today when I Wiki'ed it. IIRC my brothers told me two said they were all space aliens or something like that.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                    X