Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is The Interest Rate on Your Credit Card Debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get 1% back also on my no-fee credit card. It turns into "PCPoints" which I can easily spend getting groceries. I just tell them when I'm checking out I want to redeem my PCPoints, and they'll take off a huge chunk of my bill. Recently my grocery bill came to $101 and some change and I redeemed $100 worth of free groceries and handed the lady a couple bucks for a cartload of groceries.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I have no idea what my credit score is. Just checked my credit report, and it seems like my score should be pretty high. I have no negative reports of any kind, my balance used is fairly low (it's ~15%, but most of that is from my car loan) and I have credit history in the US going back to 2003.

On a side note, including the car loan the credit limit on my current accounts adds up to > 70k.

I currently make 25k...though of course that's going to change soon.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        I get 1% back also on my no-fee credit card. It turns into "PCPoints" which I can easily spend getting groceries..
        One has to go to a Superstore though. The CRD Superstore is out in ****ing Langford.

SP
        Last edited by Fve Crathva; December 1, 2009, 01:28.
        I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

I've got one 200m from my condo. And it was built only a year ago. It's massive and awesome.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I have no idea what the interest rates on our credit cards are. I've never carried a balance.

I'd guess 15% or so.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

5.4%
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

About 8 percent on LOC, but I never carry a balance. Also use my AMEX (12.9%) for safety, but that's a no balance card anyway.
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

There's no such thing as a "no balance" card.
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

That's a debit card, Japher

Comment

No, it's a "charge card". They'll extend short-term credit for purchases, but you have to pay the balance at the end of every month.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Didn't see Blaupanzer's post.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                          No, it's a "charge card". They'll extend short-term credit for purchases, but you have to pay the balance at the end of every month.
                          Exactly.
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

And what if you don't?
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

The 12.9% (daily share of that annual rate compounded daily) applies immediately and a hefty late charge applies if you don't pay for a whole billing cycle. It's quite handy for short-term costs in whatever denomination with a very high (and waivable) credit limit. It helps me maintain my discipline in not carrying any debt except house- and car-related. I could convert it to a standard card, but what's the point?

Comment

Working...
                              X