Greatest Death Scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greatest Death Scenes

I was recently asked by a friend who has a budding interest in opera, and a longstanding interest in all things morbid, to compile a CD for her with the great death scenes from the operas. There's no shortage of scene's to choose from, so I'm going to have to be selective. Tosca leaping from the parapet of the Castel Sant Angelo? Check. Canio knifing his wife and her lover to death in front of a live theater audience? Check. Don Jose sticking it to Carmen outside the bull ring in Seville? Check.

But of course such great moments go beyond opera. So what are your favorite death scenes from movies, TV, literature, theater, etc.? Post youtube clips if available!

I think my all-time favorite cinematic death scene is the Ark of the Covenant scene at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark:

Melting Nazis
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Spock's death was pretty good.

Comment

<p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

"Someone still loves you Boris Yeltsin?"
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

GARBAGE DAY!

Comment

Comment

HERE'S WHAT I THINK OF YOU BORIS!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                HERE'S WHAT I THINK OF YOU BORIS!!!!!

Christoff was really past his prime for that concert. He was much more impressive mid-career.

You should at least post a clip from an actual staged production!

This is actually from a Soviet-era film, and while it's cut down a bit, it's remarkably effective.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Comment

Okay, serious answer:

Especially considering everything that led up to that moment.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Legend.
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                          Okay, serious answer:
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Final destination has some good death scenes.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Thelma and Louise
                              or
                              Groundhog day. Many to choose from
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X