• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She should have done as she was told

I say #2 was just asking for it.

Man killed two girlfriends in two weeks
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LONG BEACH, Calif. — A judge in Long Beach has sentenced a California man to death for murdering a girlfriend who refused to help him dispose of another girlfriend’s body.

Santiago Martinez of Long Beach was sentenced Tuesday in Superior Court to die by lethal injection

A jury last month recommended death for the 28-year-old Martinez, who was convicted for the 2003 killing of Myra Orozco. A previous jury deadlocked over the penalty.

Orozco, a 24-year-old Long Beach resident, was stabbed and slashed nearly 30 times, pushed from a car and run over.

Prosecutors say she was killed because she refused to help Martinez dump the body of a woman he had killed two weeks earlier.

Martinez already is serving 52 years to life for the murder of Christina Wilkerson, who was stabbed 20 times and shot.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

When I hear stories like this I think back to the many lethal professions (e.g. girlfriend of guy who murders his girlfriends) that people engage in, e.g. Wife of Henry VIII or Emperor of Rome.
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I can only wonder at how the first jury could have deadlocked.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        When I hear stories like this I think back to the many lethal professions (e.g. girlfriend of guy who murders his girlfriends) that people engage in, e.g. Wife of Henry VIII or Emperor of Rome.
        Well, if you could survive as a Roman Emperor, the payoff was pretty good.

This girl... not nearly so much.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Murder is such a turn on
          Monkey!!!

Comment

California issued a death penalty? WOW!
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

OMG a Martyr
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No picture
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Martinez already is serving 52 years to life for the murder of Christina Wilkerson, who was stabbed 20 times and shot.
                  This guy doesn't take any chances. Failure is truly not an option.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

[Q=SlowwHand;5711387]California issued a death penalty? WOW![/Q] Not so wow. It will only be a wow if they actually do it. I'm not holding my breath.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

You kbnow if she had done what he told her to do she would now be facing major jail time as an accomplice. American courts have traditionally turned a deaf ear to pleas from peolple who were forced to assist a criminal.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

The grammar error in this thread title is driving me crazy.

It should be:
                        She should have gone done as she was told
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          The grammar error in this thread title is driving me crazy.

It should be:
                          She should have gone done as she was told
                          No, no, no. It's; "She shoulda dun gone 'n did wha' she wus dun tol' ta."
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove View Post
                            You kbnow if she had done what he told her to do she would now be facing major jail time as an accomplice. American courts have traditionally turned a deaf ear to pleas from peolple who were forced to assist a criminal.
                            I prefer the odds of acquittal or escape over the odds of coming back to life.
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                            X