Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legalization of Drugs

Where do you stand on the matter?

Personally, I'm for limited legalization of marijuana; I don't have experience with its use--and have no intention to acquire said experience, since that crap makes you stupid--but I know it isn't that dangerous, or even physically addictive, and we have too many damned potheads in jail. Jail is hardly a punishment for a stoner anyway; they'd be hanging around indoors doing very little of anything if you left them free. I don't know what kind of regulations would be needed, though.

PCP, LSD, and other things which can cause you to beat your wife to death with a Louisville Slugger because you think she's a giant turtle trying to eat you? I feel confident in saying those should stay illegal.

My opinion on pretty much everything else (addictive, but generally not psycho-making) is a general "no," just because I've met a fair share of addicts since entering the foodservice workforce, and addicts are just the biggest douchebags in the universe. Never mind the healthcare costs or the crime risk, we don't need more mooching, unreliable, thieving nutjobs on the loose.

Dinnertime, gotta go. Will offer more unwanted opinions later.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Sorry I'm to stupid to understand.

Can you repost using smaller words?

Thanks.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post

Personally, I'm for limited legalization of marijuana; I don't have experience with its use--and have no intention to acquire said experience, since that crap makes you stupid--but I know it isn't that dangerous, or even physically addictive, and we have too many damned potheads in jail. Jail is hardly a punishment for a stoner anyway; they'd be hanging around indoors doing very little of anything if you left them free. I don't know what kind of regulations would be needed, though.
      It's tough to argue otherwise.

*waits for Ben to show up

PCP, LSD, and other things which can cause you to beat your wife to death with a Louisville Slugger because you think she's a giant turtle trying to eat you? I feel confident in saying those should stay illegal.

Alcohol?

My opinion on pretty much everything else (addictive, but generally not psycho-making) is a general "no," just because I've met a fair share of addicts since entering the foodservice workforce, and addicts are just the biggest douchebags in the universe. Never mind the healthcare costs or the crime risk, we don't need more mooching, unreliable, thieving nutjobs on the loose.
      Stereotype. Some addicts are quite functional.

Hope I can still understand them.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Legalize, regulate, tax and thereby ruin the enjoyment of drugs.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm for full legalization and taxation of marijuana. That's all I'm willing to commit to at this time.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

We need to ban sleeping, too!

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Check this out. I think this is weird.

Customs agents seize 316,000 bongs in LA

Posted on November 19, 2009 at 5:38 PM

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Customs officials say they got a surprise when they found 316,000 glass bongs disguised as Christmas ornaments at the Los Angeles harbor.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said Thursday that agents found the highly decorated drug pipes in 860 boxes shipped from China. The cargo, estimated to be worth more than $2.6 million, had been described as glass figures and Christmas ornaments.

The bongs were seized Tuesday at the Los Angeles/Long Beach port complex.

Customs spokeswoman Cristina Gamez says the importer remains under investigation and there have been no arrests. She says it is illegal to import or export drug paraphernalia in the United States.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                Stereotype. Some addicts are quite functional.
                Yeah, they say some Klan members are actually educated, intelligent, and articulate, too. Funny how you can only ever find stupid ignorant jackasses. Perhaps "good addicts" exist, but I imagine they're quite rare if they do, and I've never met one.

I allow that alcohol abuse is pretty bad; however, the majority of alcohol users use it responsibly, and as booze is legal already it's a moot point. Prohibition of alcohol is unfeasible--it's become too ingrained in our culture. And comparing it to PCP or LSD is silly; you have to drink a lot of it to hallucinate, it's not the primary/desired effect of alcohol, and a violent drunk generally goes down after one or two shots, the kind of treatment known to habitual users of phencyclapine as "tickling."

Also, no Ecstasy for anyone, just because ravers suck.
                1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                  Check this out. I think this is weird.
                  I knew a guy in community college pottery class who made a bong out of clay. He said it was a flowerpot
                  1011 1100

Comment

You're right about most of this, but jail actually does suck.

They don't make you think your wife is a giant turtle. They cause distortions in time, giddyness, an inability to focus, visual hallucinations such as trails and patterns, and other such stuff. But I've done a lot of hallucinogens, and none of them have made me go truly crazy.

This category, which would include heroin and meth and such, is dangerous, but less dangerous than the side effects of prohibition.
                    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Ecstasy is a ton of fun, and is tremendously useful for repairing relationships (marriage counseling for example), and there's even evidence that it's useful for treating PTSD.
                      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Ecstasy eats holes in your brain.

Comment

You never meet good addicts because you don't know that they're addicts.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

There were several people who had abused a lot of drugs in the past, and a few that still used a bit of pot in physics graduate school.

There was only one who was currently using a lot though.

I am also in the boat that is in favor of MJ legalization but probably wouldn't try any.

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I allow that alcohol abuse is pretty bad; however, the majority of alcohol users use it responsibly, and as booze is legal already it's a moot point. Prohibition of alcohol is unfeasible--it's become too ingrained in our culture. And comparing it to PCP or LSD is silly; you have to drink a lot of it to hallucinate, it's not the primary/desired effect of alcohol, and a violent drunk generally goes down after one or two shots, the kind of treatment known to habitual users of phencyclapine as "tickling."
                              I'd wager drunk driving kills many more people than PCP does (not to mention other casualties of booze). You dismiss the negative affects of this particular drug too quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X