Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the South-Eastern US have an unusually large number of people from India/Pakistan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the South-Eastern US have an unusually large number of people from India/Pakistan?

I've contemplated this for a bit. I've noticed some of the most outstanding US citizens of Indian or Pakistani descent are from the SE US?

Examples: the brown guy from Parks and Recreation, that Jindal guy, Anand lal Shimpi from AnandTech, etc.

Why is that? Or am I crazy.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

am I crazy

This. But that's ok
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Where's Kumar from? Or Farhad Manjoo?

edit: Turns out Kumar is from New Jersey, like every other Indian-American.
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Yeah, New Jersey also has a MASSIVE amount of Indian people.

Kumar and Imran, for instance!
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

The Indians are just taking back the ancestral lands the white man kicked them out of.

Also, Plomp needs to add this arms crossed smiley.

Comment

New Jersey is crazy Indian subcontinental populated.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Probably because it's the only state in America that smells like home.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Comment

NJ doesn't smell like curry

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                    Obviously you've never visited Gary, Indiana.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Obviously you don't know that Gary isn't a state.
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

The state in question is Indiana. I am referring to a portion of it.
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

All of Indiana doesn't smell like India. All of New Jersey does.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Gary makes up for it by more than half.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X