Va. man who killed 2 executed in electric chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Va. man who killed 2 executed in electric chair

I read this strictly because the title cited his being executed in the electric chair. I didn't know that the electric chair was his choice until after I opened up the article to read.
    This isn't another yes or no thread about support of the DP, it's a question of which you would choose. I'm flabbergasted by this man.
    Texas is scheduled to execute 3 murderers by the end of the month. I can't imagine that any would choose the chair.

Death row inmates can choose either the electric chair or lethal injection

updated 1 hour, 3 minutes ago

JARRATT, Va. - A former Army counterintelligence worker has been executed by electric chair in Virginia for killing a couple in 2001.

Larry Bill Elliott was pronounced dead at 9:08 p.m. Tuesday at Greensville Correctional Center in Jarratt. The last execution by electric chair in the U.S. was in June 2008.

Elliott was put to death for the January 2001 shooting deaths of 25-year-old Dana Thrall and 30-year-old Robert Finch.

Prosecutors said Elliott killed the couple to win the love of former stripper who was involved in a bitter custody dispute with the man who was killed.

In the death chamber, Elliott said his attorneys would read a statement after the execution.

At 60, Elliott was Virginia's oldest death row inmate. Virginia death row inmates can choose between the electric chair and lethal injection.

Lethal injection
    87.50%
    Electric chair
    12.50%
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

It's a shame it wasn't our favorite Texan.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

He might have been using the electric chair in a bid for a cruel and unusual punishment appeal (easier to argue that the chair is cruel/unusual than lethal injection). IIRC somebody did that in the state that still allows hanging - opted for hanging, then argued that hanging was cruel and unusual therefore they couldn't execute him. This would've been years ago, though, so I might be misremembering.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

That could be. I can be hard headed and push points, but damn man, I don't think I could go this. Hanging, I can even see hanging...vs. the chair. Of course I've been hung twice and here I am still.
        "The Green Mile" just really solidified for me how bad an idea that is an option.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
          Of course I've been hung twice and here I am still.

Huh?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

In my younger days. Not lately. I got quicker.

Comment

Cows or daughters?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I don't want to talk about it, other than I'll say that rope burns do, in fact, burn.

Back to this guy, they don't have any mention of what his final statement was that the lawyer read. I'll say this for him, he sure knew how to build up suspense.

Comment

You just can't trust spies anymore.

Comment

maybe he didnt it as a last little **** you to who ever have to clean up the mess.

Comment

Ride the Lightning
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Master of Puppets

Comment

Clearly he was bored and wanted to see what it was like, instead of meekly falling asleep. Also, it might prevent the relatives from watching - or at least scar them for life...

It is barbaric that there is even a choice.

Also your fetish with all things DP is rather disturbing, Sloww. Do you get a hard on, or something, everytime you talk about it?

Now I have an image of Slowwie wanking to YouTube clips of people getting fried in the electric chair, shouting "Burn, baby, BURN!"...

Ugh! Horrible...
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

I doubt that youtube has any clips of people being executed (on the electric chair or otherwise), unless there was also a funny cat pulling the switch.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Arrgh, now Slowwie's wanking to a funny cat pulling the switch!!!

Thanks Loin...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                              X