Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big governments hate small business

Yes, it's true.

Now, I've been away about a year, on and off. The reason for it has been that I'm very busy having my own business, still doing my PhD and research plus I'm an owner in another business that requires lots of work. This means that I'm still fighting every month to my own bills paid since there's overhead now. Things I need to take care of.

Which brings me to my rant. I'm f*ing sick of this small business hating backwards place. I'm telling you, left wing doesn't mean anti-business. It means pro-big corporate business just like in any other western country. Money talks. I now believe that people go through few revolutions with themselves. First, you become an adult. You realize you have responsiblities and no one is actually wiping your ass anymore. Which sort of magnifices that you had great parents and boy did they wipe your ass!

Second, you get married/have a child. This is sometihng I haven't yet done, even though I think I'm with the right woman for this as well. I imagine having a kid raises a whole new perspective on safety and *******s in the streets harrasing good folks. I'm already vigilant about it, always have been, and there was a moment in my life when I wasn't too slow to dance a bit and hurt my hands to sit down a punk. This is long gone my friends. I'm a mellow person these days, but at the same time ****... every other ******* carries a knife or worse. Which makes me a hardliner on punishment. You get caught raping, doing violence? Throw the key away. Rot, please, ta-ta!

Third, doing your own business properly. I mean jeesh! I could have a small business with no benefits and all the risk, however, then I can make a decent living. RIght now I could score about 60k a year with ease from my own business. BUt NOOOOOOO, I'd rather employee a person or two. Why? Because I'm too busy and family businesses in here suck, they just try to do everything themselves, which is selfish. Give someone else a job. THat actually means something. Help the economy out, because it sure as hell won't help you, but what the hell we're insane anyway so let's spread the bug a bit. Give a job or two, and you'll soon find out just how rotten the system is. The 60k earlier now means that it goes, IN FULL, to employe a person for a year, with fairly low salary. I realized, and double checked with management in my other company, adn indeed... you've got to generate 200k a year income just to employe 3 to 4 people with lower end salary. THat's a whole lot of selling. So I get about $1500-2000 per day on-site. That's considered high end in here. Even my boss, the professor, in research, makes half the amount for a high end gig. This means I have to truly authorize myself well, establish myself and so forth to make a single sale, which I do. But then you have to deduct taxes, expenses, and it amounts to a lot whne you have to travel to negotiate and so forth, so you've got to make them negotiations count, you're paying for it out of your own pocket. Soon you'll be screaming at those $10 sandwiches at the airport, now what the **** is this ****!

So, after fighting and battling and making the better deals in the crop, you still manage to come out with about the same salary as you would iwth an employer. With all the risks and hard work? Right on. Of course I'm lucky. Most businesses, start ups etc. actually take a loan that they never pay back in full, because they all die in the next couple of years anyway. I'm running income funded companies that are surviving and growing. But the headaches that comes with it? Let me tell you, it's not totally out of the picture to compare the experience to giving birth as a man from the butt, triplets. Every week.

Then I read about these big businesses since I sort of have to. THese ****ers are truly ****ers. They just fire people left and right to grow their profit margin and for that they get more packages and help from the government. They need a bit of healing. Maybe few hugs and kisses too. Now **** that! Inept leadership is ... inept. Incompetent action, I mean you as an owner choose the leaders, pay them big bucks, now some ******* has been recruited who talks big and is just horrible. THey make all the wrong decisions, which is about their own ego and makes no business sense what so ever... and you know how I determine business sense? I ask from my sales manager, who is experienced and in his 40s... I ask him, that sounds good, however, how are we going to make money from that? And that pretty much kills 90% of ideas I'm given. The point is, the same questions can be asked form any business leader, and soon you'd find big teleoperators and other retards giving you "I DON'T KNOW!??" well maybe you should retire, huh?

So because these dudes do business according to their egos, at the end, normal folks get fired. And the ones who got fired have to pay tons of ****ty taxes anyway, so that this money can be rerouted back to the benefit packages of these ego-retards, who then think they must have done something right. Well the **** they did, I see a new cage fighting league and that's some pro fighter versus them. Make it PPV, I know everyone wants to see those jerks getting their asses kicked.

You wouldn't believe the **** I have to tell some of these upper management people, how to do their job. My single biggest difficulty is to do my job and argue, that you should do this because if you don't, you're a ****ing horrible manager and you should not only be fired but you should be unborn. I mean really, it's good for me so they pay me good money to instruct them, however the level of their competence and the salary they receive versus how they treat their own employees is a tragedy.

Back to the original topic: big governments. Man, why do we pay so much, and now I get to say I PAY A LOT OF MONEY to these jerks, just so they can have THEIR jobs? I mean damn it, and when you're doing a favor, which is creating it out of nothing, meaning you're not using natural resources, you're not using any support money from them, you just do it, right? And you want to employee people, and pay them fairly, unlike these big ****ers. Because people do matter. And at the end of the day, it's all that matters. I mean you try to be a boss for people when you own the company, and you'll realize wiht your not even 30 years old yet ass, that these people have kids and families. Suddenly it's not a game anymore. It's not like you can get rid of them because "Mmm naaah, I don't feel like it anymore". They depend on it. And they do a good job. That's THE headache. And these government ****ers, these official ball sucking monkeys, what do they do except rape the collective budget for more in their little circle of wankers? Nothing. They'll say "Good job Supercitizen!": No no no, damn it. That just won't do.

The irony of incorporating, I mean... and then you look at your competition. These poor people spend half of their time filling applications to get government funds. Most of the businesses in my area wouldn't be here next year if they didn't get the money, so they're like farmers. At this moment, I think we're one of the few who do business and not leech money out of the system because otherwise there would be no profit. If you can't make profit yourself, maybe your business idea sucks, huh, ever thought of that?

Let's just say that no more do I wonder why people who makes it from these situations, I mean become rich, when they just say screw you and move to Monaco. The way I see it is that most people don't do anything. THey wait with their thumbs in their butts for government to hand out tailor made jobs for them. The rest just refuse to get a job because it's not rational - they already get support that makes them get by. Then there are the unfortunate ones who are really poor and it sucks for them. Then there are the ones who are going to make it in the future, but the economy, situation in their lives etc, is just not good right now. But they're good folks. Then there's the small businesses. And we are angry.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

A way to look at this, Pekka, is like the Yankees and MLB setup. Dont hate the Yankees for abusing an obviously flawed and unfair system, hate MLB for creating that system to BECOME abused.

Time is like a bubble in a large pitcher of ale. In our bubble we have a greedy capitalist culture that creates situations like yours. But in the future (the "pitcher of ale" if you will) they will look back on our little bubble of time and have a totally different perspective, much like we can do when WE look back in time to the Romans or even the Old West.

There is nothing we can do because we are all trapped in this bubble. So whip out your penis in front of everybody and say "What are we gonna do about THIS."
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Ohh and the favourite part is.. I mean nto being a boss but owning and directing things, because then your decisions matter. IF you suck at your job, other people suffer. With a small business, people who work for you and help you, you know, you'll get to know them in a totally other way than if you were a foreman in some big company and had people under you. When it's small and you run it, jeesh. You sort of feel responsible, you can't fire people and go to sleep well because well, the employee screwed up, gave him/her several opportuntieis, it's the company policy, it wasn't me or my fault, had to do it.

Now? You get to know these people in a different way, because you have to truly evaluate the situation and plus you get to see their wives and with bad luck, a glimpse of their kids. ****. Now you go to a meeting, you've got to fight. YOu miss an opportunity or screw up and it has ramifications, immidiately. Are you going to fire that person? You are likely going to appeal to them and explain the situation and that you value their effort and contribution, and if they can work for less, it would be great, right? After of course you have already stopped paying yourself a long time ago and thinking at nights, how are you going to make this **** rational. This is what owning a business means for the small guy.

Big business *******s probably think they deserve everything just because. I don't mind people who are competent (lots of them) or people who work their way up. But these *******s, who come from political parties and whatnot organizations who have absolutely no work experience nor business brains, who are their because of good brother-system or because the owners want political leverage... they can go to hell.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Small businesses are subject to far fewer regulations and generally lower taxation than are big businesses, at least in the US and Canada. Politicians fetishize small businesses, despite the fact that small business is generally inefficient...
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

AAHZ, that's idealism

I mean... when you get down to it, which is a good idea and the way to solve it... say you think taxation is unfair. So, you'll find out about your options hiring an experts who do some tax planning. Now, soon you'll find out that it's not even a system, it's like the lottery, nobody really knows how it truly works. Soon you'll discover that it takes much of your time just to hear the tax experts (that you hired) out. To actually work it, it would take all your time to learn it and do something about it. To do something about the system, to alter it, you'd need more than that. You'd need to go into politics. And this is the point where it fails

Another way might be money. Money talks. I don't have enough to make it count though. Maybe if I someday gain like a billion euros, I can say I won't pay taxes, throw me into jail for that few months or a year with the light sentencing and brag about it how me not paying and going into jail actually saved me tens of millions of euros, so average earning hour during jail time was like few thousand euros with free meals and some hot sex. Maybe that would make people angry enough to change the system.
          In da butt.

Comment

KH, exactly. I guess the difference is what we mean small business to mean. I can work alone just fine. But when it comes to having people working for me, it suddenly becomes a million times more difficult in terms of the system and how much you have to pay for it. Of course people can always remain inefficient and work alone and stuff like that but it's just not going to generate anything in the long run.
            In da butt.

Comment

Yes, and when you have more than a certain amount of employees you become EVEN MORE of a target for regulations (again, at least in the US and Canada)...
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

KH, I can only imagine. We did this "budget rehersal" for the company I'm part owner and it was pretty interesting to see how much income you have to generate in order to fully run it. We'd need 25 people more. It was pretty depressing.
                In da butt.

Comment

I guess I got a bit lost here.. it's just that every time I read about government spendings on some representative's own passion project with their nephew running it, with an agenda to wtf outrages me pretty fast these days. Everyone cuts spending but the government. It's more like a rule that in here everyone comes from political organizations who work there, meaning that they never really contributed anything meaningful but mostly leeched. To me it seems weird that they should also have some moral authority over issues as well. Some of the suggestions reps make are from some other planet, revealing how little they know of the issue they're talking about. And then they get to decide it.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Have you ever considered taking ritalin, Pekka?
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

No. But I need something to eat now. It's just... a lot of ranting because of frustration. Not so much because business would be bad, it isn't. It's all the crap talk from populist politicians, praising how yes, small business people, you guys are the backbone and we need to support you more since at the moment we only take from you. And then election over - discussion over. I guess this is the same thing with every single group though. I just find it appalling how the same faces, year after year, give the same speech and start to "straighten up" when it's time for re-election. Before and after it seems like they could care less, which probably is the case.
                      In da butt.

Comment

It really doesn't apply to this thread, but I still want to dust off the good ole': WTF Pekka?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                        X