Do we need another Robin Hood movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felch View Post
    Dark and grity is a great thing. The beef with that movie is that Costner is not a good Robin Hood. He should stick to baseball movies.
    That's it? A) He wasn't quite so bad then as he is now...how old are you? B) It's not like he has 100% of the screentime; the movie's about the interplay between the characters and can be enjoyed on that level without giving a **** who plays what. C) For every point Costner loses, Freeman and Rickman make up for it and then some. D) Perhaps you were far too sober when you watched it.

Yeesh, what a bunch of picky bastards.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

[Robin:] Then why are you smiling?
      [Sheriff:] Because I am not left-handed! [switches sword to right hand, begins to press Robin]
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
        That's it? A) He wasn't quite so bad then as he is now...how old are you? B) It's not like he has 100% of the screentime; the movie's about the interplay between the characters and can be enjoyed on that level without giving a **** who plays what. C) For every point Costner loses, Freeman and Rickman make up for it and then some. D) Perhaps you were far too sober when you watched it.

Yeesh, what a bunch of picky bastards.
        Hating things is a quicker path to "cool and edgy" than liking things.

I agree though, I liked the Costner movie.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I liked almost everything about the Costner version, except of course Costner. Every scene he's in was outright torture. He kept the movie from being anything more than mediocre.

So I'm ready for another version.

Hopefully another one will join the only two good versions, Men in Tights and the 1938 version with Errol Flynn.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You REALLY like tights, don't you ?
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Yes, because

Originally posted by Felch View Post
              Cary Elwes rocks.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X