Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No "Hast la Vista Baby" this time.

To the Members of the California State Assembly:
    I am returning Assembly Bill 1176 without my signature.
    For some time now I have lamented the fact that major issues are overlooked while many
    unnecessary bills come to me for consideration. Water reform, prison reform, and health
    care are major issues my Administration has brought to the table, but the Legislature just
    kicks the can down the alley.
    Yet another legislative year has come and gone without the major reforms Californians
    overwhelmingly deserve. In light of this, and after careful consideration, I believe it is
    unnecessary to sign this measure at this time.
    Sincerely,
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

Wonder if it's real.....

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

To the Members of the California State Assembly:

I am returning Assembly Bill 1176 without my signature.

For some time now I have lamented the fact that major issues are overlooked while many
    unnecessary bills come to me for consideration. Water reform, prison reform, and health
    care are major issues my Administration has brought to the table, but the Legislature just
    kicks the can down the alley.

Yet another legislative year has come and gone without the major reforms Californians
    overwhelmingly deserve. In light of this, and after careful consideration, I believe it is
    unnecessary to sign this measure at this time.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

Added spacing.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'd say it is a coincidence though maybe the guy did something else to piss off Arnie.
      Last edited by Dinner; October 28, 2009, 12:51.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'd say it's awesome.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Coincidence.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I might say coincidence except for
            "but the Legislature just
            kicks the can down the alley."
            Now really.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"Kicks the can down the alley" is what stuck out as odd to me. If it's real, it's Awesome. If it's not real, it's still pretty funny.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Sounds like something Arnie would say though.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Arnie didn't grow up in the US so he really wouldn't be familiar with the game kick the can.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Arnie
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                      Arnie didn't grow up in the US so he really wouldn't be familiar with the game kick the can.
                      Hence the horrible use of it. The guy tries to use colloquialisms to sound American but they always come out wrong or contrived.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

This is obviously not coincidence.

The legislator he sent the letter to had apparently heckled him rudely a couple of months ago.

Arnie
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                          Hence the horrible use of it. The guy tries to use colloquialisms to sound American but they always come out wrong or contrived.
                          Yes,wrong but convenient for the K to appear where it does.

INTENTIONAL.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Japher View Post
                            Purely assumption that he's even referring to the game. What else does one kick down alleys? The homeless? Stray dogs?
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Hmm he did write "can". Kick the can is pretty specific
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X