Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A way to cut the federal government budget down to size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just exactly who, what states, are you addressing? California? New York? No, that can't be it. They're not in the south. Are we State's Rights or not? You say all these different and conflicting opinions.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
      So you don't agree that the South is hypocritical in opposing a more pro-active federal government while gobbling up federal government subsidies and funding?
      Even granting your broad generalization, what's hypocritical in that? It's like che taking a job. Sure, he'd prefer a different system, but until that comes around, he'll get on the best he can in this one.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi View Post
        It's like che taking a job. Sure, he'd prefer a different system, but until that comes around, he'll get on the best he can in this one.
        ^this. As a corollary, in the present system that the southern states can't change, they have no interest in rendering themselves non-competitive vis-a-vis other states. If they had their way, a sharp cut of federal spending would be across the board, so there would be a level playing field with no competition issue.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Of course the premise is wrong as well. Southern legislators have absolutely no problems with certain federal spending, even across the board. It's a silly over generalization.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
          X