Murder Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder Rates

Why does Finland have three times as many murders as Norway?

Fighting over saunas
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Evil Finns? Where have I heard that before?
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Putting uppity Russians in their place.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

That must be a big place.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

They carry knives everywhere.

Comment

Lax anti-violence laws
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Too many Swedes.

Comment

They're all high on fermented rabbit droppings.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I was watching the suicide rate chart yesterday and was surprised to see that Finland (or some of the other Scandinavian countries) was not topping the chart.

Also interesting is that in most countries according to statistics men are more likely to off themselves than women with the notable exceptions of China and Turkey where women are mole likely to committ suicide.

The chart:
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

"Suicide rate in Hungary (1950-2005), 1983: 45.3 suicides per 100,000 people (the highest rate in recorded human history.)"

Next to it is a table with three countries surpassing that at the moment.
                      Someone should fix the caption.

Comment

That's Fail Blog material.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og View Post
                          I was watching the suicide rate chart yesterday and was surprised to see that Finland (or some of the other Scandinavian countries) was not topping the chart.
                          Is this a usual past time?

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                            "Suicide rate in Hungary (1950-2005), 1983: 45.3 suicides per 100,000 people (the highest rate in recorded human history.)"

Next to it is a table with three countries surpassing that at the moment.
                            Someone should fix the caption.
                            Er, no. Try reading the table again.
                            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                              Is this a usual past time?

JM
                              No. I had a conversion with a colleague and suicides somehow came up as a topic. IIRC we talked about a System Of A Dawn song called "Chop Suey". That is when I decide to check the suicide rate chart.
                              Quendelie axan!

Comment

Working...
                              X