Women.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women.

Two articles in the same paper today. Fun times.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Calgary Herald offers information on latest national and international events & more.

“Their way of looking at things is sometimes, ‘If I do political science, what kind of job can I get?’ ” Harrison says. “Female students don’t tend to ask that question quite as much.”
    Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Calgary Herald offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Since graduating from the University of Alberta with a bachelor's degree in political science, Anna Stacheychuk has been frustrated in her efforts to find employment in the province.

"Originally, I thought I would just go into something to do with politics right away, but I understand that we are in a recession right now. I've been looking to diversify my skills and find something that I'm interested in and a path that will lead me maybe to politics or communications, business relations, community relations," said the 23-year-old.
    That is all.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

maybe... maybe it's the lackluster approach to doing something with your life that is getting in the way and not the MRS degree, honey. Regardless of sex you have to be willing to make sacrifices to get what you want and then you need tackle it with an intensity that boarders desperation. You don't maybe do something is that is some very broad field or whatever you fall into anymore.

That is all.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Alumna sues college because she hasn't found a job

A recent college graduate is suing her alma mater for $72,000 -- the full cost of her tuition and then some -- because she cannot find a job.

Trina Thompson, 27, of the Bronx, graduated from New York's Monroe College in April with a bachelor of business administration degree in information technology

In her complaint, Thompson says she seeks $70,000 in reimbursement for her tuition and $2,000 to compensate for the stress of her three-month job search.

As Thompson sees it, any reasonable employer would pounce on an applicant with her academic credentials, which include a 2.7 grade-point average and a solid attendance record. But Monroe's career-services department has put forth insufficient effort to help her secure employment, she claims.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Schools have career services departments to help you land a job?

I didn't even know that.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

As Thompson sees it, any reasonable employer would pounce on an applicant with her academic credentials, which include a 2.7 grade-point average and a solid attendance record. But Monroe's career-services department has put forth insufficient effort to help her secure employment, she claims.
          Well, with a 2.7 GPA and her attitude of entitlement, I would have to characterize her as a Stupid*****. I hear strip clubs are hiring. While a 2.7 GPA might seem to overqualify her for the position of stripper/coke whore, her attitude absolute deserves her the position.
          Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

3 months search and already quitting?
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

3 months is the shortest amount of time it has ever taken me to find a job.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
              X